Indian Agricultural Research Institute New Delhi (IARI), New Delhi
Ph.D Admission Notice 2013-2014
Indian Agricultural Research Institute New Delhi (IARI), New Delhi has invited applications for admission to PhD Courses in various courses for Academic Year 2013-14:
Eligibility Candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks OR an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 7.50 out of 10.00 OR 3.75 out of 5.00 OR 3.00 out of 4.00 OR 2.25 out of 3.00 (For SC / ST / PH candidates: 55% marks OR OGPA of 6.88 out of 10.00 OR 3.44 out of 5.00 OR 2.75 out of 4.00 OR 2.06 out of 3.00) in MSc degree programme.
The candidates must satisfy one of the qualifications as indicated against the relevant course of PhD degree programme and discipline to which admission is sought.
No. Discipline Qualifications (MSc / MSc (Agri.) / MTech / ME in)
(1) Agricultural Chemicals Agricultural Chemicals / Soil Science and /OR Agricultural Chemistry / Environmental Science / any Branch of Chemistry.
(2) Agricultural Economics Agricultural Economics / Dairy Economics / Livestock Economics.
(3) Agricultural Engineering Agricultural Engineering / Dairy Engineering / Water Science and Technology.
(4) Agricultural Extension Agricultural Extension / Extension Education / Dairy Extension / Fishery Extension.
(5) Agricultural Physics Agricultural Physics / Soil Science and / OR Agricultural Chemistry /Agricultural Meteorology / Meteorology / Physics / Bio-physics / Water Science and Technology.
(6) Agricultural Statistics Agricultural Statistics / Mathematical Statistics / Bio-Statistics of IVRI / Professional Statisticians' Certificate Course (PSCC) from IASRI.
(7) Agronomy Agronomy / Water Science and Technology.
(8) Biochemistry Agricultural Biochemistry / Biochemistry / Agricultural Chemistry / Molecular Biology and /OR Biotechnology / Life Science / Chemistry with specialization in Organic Chemistry.
(9) Bioinformatics Entomology Entomology / Agricultural Entomology / Zoology with Entomology as a special subject.
(10) Environmental Sciences Environmental Sciences / Physical Sciences / Biological Sciences / Chemistry.
(11) Genetics Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding / Plant Genetic Resources / any other branch of Biological Sciences with Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding as a special subject.
(12) Horticulture Horticulture / Agriculture with major in Pomology /Olericulture or Floriculture or Post Harvest Technology / Food Science and / OR Food Technology / Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding / Plant Physiology / Crop Physiology / Plant Genetic Resources / Water Science and Technology.
(13) Microbiology Microbiology / Agricultural Microbiology / Soil Science and/OR Agricultural Chemistry / Genetics / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology / Biochemistry with Microbiology as a special subject.
(14) Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Agricultural Biochemistry / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding / Life Sciences /Agricultural Microbiology / Plant Genetic Resources / Plant Physiology.
(15) Nematology Nematology / Entomology / Zoology / Botany /Mycology and / OR Plant Pathology / Life Sciences / Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology.
(16) Plant Genetic Resources Plant Genetic Resources / Plant Breeding / Agricultural Botany / Horticulture / Plant Biotechnology / Seed Science and Technology /Plant Physiology / any other branch of Biological Sciences with specialization in these subjects and / OR Plant Taxonomy / Economic Botany.
(17) Plant Pathology Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology / Botany /Agricultural Botany /Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology / Seed Science and Technology / Biochemistry / Plant Genetic Resources.
(18) Plant Physiology Plant Physiology / Crop Physiology / Botany /Agricultural Botany /Biochemistry / Life Sciences /Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology / Plant Genetic Resources.
(19) Post Harvest Technology a) For Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops Horticulture/ Post Harvest Technology/Food Science and Technology b) For Post Harvest Engineering and Technology Agricultural Processing and Structures / Food Engineering / Post Harvest Engineering / Biochemical Engineering.
(20) Seed Science and Technology Seed Science & Technology / Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding /Plant Physiology / Crop Physiology /Mycology and / OR Plant Pathology / Entomology /Nematology / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Plant Genetic Resources.
(21) Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry Soil Science and / OR Agricultural Chemistry /Chemistry.
(22) Water Science and Technology Water Science & Technology / Agricultural Physics / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics (with Physical Sciences at Bachelor Degree level) / MTech in Agricultural Engineering / Civil Engineering.
Application form with Information Bulletin can be obtained in the following mode:
(i) By hand from Syndicate Bank, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110012 on payment of Rs 1000/- in cash for General / OBC category and Rs 500/- for SC/ST/PC category (Rs 25/- as bank service charge extra)
(ii) By post from Registrar, Post Graduate School, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi-110012 by sending a demand draft of Rs 1000/- for General / OBC category and Rs 500/- for SC / ST / PC category, drawn on any bank, in favour of Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI payable at Delhi
(iii) The information bulletin and application form can be viewed / downloaded from the website http://www.iari.res.in
The application can be submitted complete in all respects along with the demand draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI payable at Delhi for Rs 500/- for General / OBC category and Rs 250/- for SC / ST / PC
Dates to be remembered:
Last date for submission of application is 3rd April, 2013
Last date for submission of application for candidates from remote areas is 17th April, 2013
Date of entrance examination 9th June, 2013, Sunday
Further Info: http://184.108.40.206/web/icarcommunity/apply-for-ph.d.