Advt No.13/2015 : Assistant Manager - Dean Office
The BliSc Custer is an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Assistant Manager, Dean's Office.
The BliSc Cluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Biocluster and beyond. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Biocluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution. The Biocluster has a common Dean’s office serving the academic requirements of Faculty at both NCBS and inStem. The Assistant Manager will work within this Office, interacting with campus administrative support services as required, to coordinate activities on behalf of the Deans.
Key duties of the Assistant Manager, Deans' Office will include:
- Oversight of faculty applications, including all aspects related to the operations and management of the web portal, interacting with administrative services as required.
- Overseeing the faculty review process
- Managing institutional review processes: Governing Council, Scientific Advisory Boards, Specialist visitors, Annual Reviews etc in .
- Statutory Committees: setting institution calendars, coordination with internal and external parties, minutes, reporting and coordination with funding agencies if needed.
- Drafting and administration of MoUs coordinating with concerned offices and sections as needed.
- Coordinating Institutional visits by Scientific Visitors and Advisors working across different sections as needed
- Aid in setting up engagements with international visiting scientist for annual assessment, facilitate connections among researchers and bring scientists together to nurture new collaborations, organize committee meetings from time to time and develop a methodology to maintain reports of critical meetings
- Coordination of the Faculty Handbook
Applicants to the role must have:
- A PhD/ Msc in Life Sciences.
- Prior relevant administrative work experience
- Experience of report writing
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional relevant experience (desirable):
- Prior experience in managing people
- Prior experience in academic settings
- Familiarity with online productivity tools
- Prior experience working with online databases
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Prior experience drafting and finalising agreements
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website ( https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user/register) using valid email ID ( you must fill personal details and educational details to register the account ).
Step 2: Candidate will receive an email with one time user activation link to your registered email ID.
Step 3: Click on that activation link to set your password, and then login to our website ( https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user ) using your username and password.
Step 4: Once you logged in candidate can apply for job by clicking on "Apply" button in Open Position page.
Step 5: Once you fill in the application you can submit the application by clicking on "Save" button. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you submit the application.
Step 6: Once you apply for job successfully, your application form will be available in Applied Job page.
Step 7: Take a Print out of the application form in Applied Job page by clicking “Download” and send the same duly signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, so as to reach on or before 16th August,2015.