TAMIL NADU VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY
Vaccine Research centre – Viral Vaccines,
Centre for Animal Health Studies,
TANUVAS, Madhavaram Milk Colony,
Chennai – 600 051
A walk-in-interview will be conducted for filling up of one temporary post of Junior Research Fellow to work in the SERB, DST funded scheme titled “Development of diagnostic tools for Porcine circovirus 2 (PCV2), an emerging pathogen” at Vaccine Research centre – Viral Vaccines, Centre for Animal Health Studies, TANUVAS, MMC, Chennai – 600 051.
The post is purely temporary for about three years from the date of recruitment or till the completion of the project whichever is earlier. The qualifications and remuneration are as follows
Junior Research Fellow One
Post-graduate degree in Life Sciences/Biotechnology (or) M.Tech – Biotechnology (or) B.V.Sc / M. V.Sc
Rs.12,000 per month Plus House Rent Allowance Rs.1,800 (@ 15% of the basic pay)
Job Description An enthusiastic, organized and ambitious worker is required for a project carrying out systematic survey of the prevalence of Porcine circovirus
2. Based at TANUVAS, Madhavaram milk colony campus, Chennai -51, the person employed will be involved in sample processing, laboratory work in virology, serology, molecular virology and protein expression. The person employed is expected to methodically archive the materials collected and maintain daily & regular records.
1. Qualified and interested candidates for this position may Walk-in for a written examination followed by an interview on 15.09.2015 at 10.00am to be held at the Vaccine Research centre – Viral Vaccines, Centre for Animal Health Studies, TANUVAS, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai – 600 051.
2. No TA / DA will be paid for the candidates preferring to attend the interview. Candidates are to make their own arrangements for their stay at Chennai.
3. Mere attending the interview does not guarantee them the appointment and the selection will be based purely on merit basis. Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) at the time of interview.
4. Selection will be made as per the norms of ASRR, TANUVAS.
5. The appointment is made purely on temporary basis with a condition to terminate the appointment without giving any prior notice and the candidate should not claim any University service.
6. The project end date is 12.08.2016 and the appointment is coterminous with the project.