BIRBAL SAHNI INSTITUTE OF PALAEOBOTANY
(AN AUTONOMOUS INSTITUTION UNDER DEPARTMENT OF SCENCE & TECHNOLOGY, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
53, UNIVERSITY ROAD, LUCKNOW 226 007, UP
Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate (RA) and Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) under a Ministry of Earth Sciences Sponsored Project entitled "Quantitative reconstruction of the Paleogene climate of paleoequatorial region based on Indian palynological records" tenable at the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany (BSIP, Lucknow, under the supervision of Dr. (Mrs.) Vandana Prasad, Scientist 'E' and Principal Investigator of the Project.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, E.X PERIENCE AND AGE LIMIT:
Research Associate (RA) – 01
Essential Qualifications: Applicant should have a Ph.D. in Botany/Life Sciences/Bio-sciences or any relevant subject with independent research experience as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed journals.
Desirable qualifications: Research experience in the field of Tertiary palynology/evolutionary biology/phylogeny/biodiversity/tropical ecology.
Fellowship: Rs.36,000/- + 20% HRA per month
Age limit: 32 years as on October 1st, 2015.
Junior Research Fellow – 02
Essential Qualification: Post graduate in Botany/Geology/ Life Sciences/Biosciences/
Earth Science with a consistently good academic record.
Desirable qualifications: CSIR/UGC NET/GATE qualified.
Age Limit: 28 years as on October 1st, 2015.
Fellowship: Rs.25,000/- + 20% HRA per month. (for eligible candidates as per rules))
1. The tenure of Research Associateship and Junior Research Fellowship is three years.
2. Only the Indian citizens normally residing in India are eligible to apply for the above positions.
3. The award of Research Associateship & Junior Research Fellowship shall not imply any assurance or guarantee for subsequent employment at the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, Lucknow.
4. Medical benefits may be allowed as per the Staff Rules of the Institute.
5. No Research Associate/Junior Research Fellow will be allowed to discontinue his/her scholarship without prior approval of the Institute.
6. Age relaxation : In the case of applicants of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other backward Classes, age relaxation upto FIVE years may be allowed.
For PH candidates, the age relaxation will be applicable as per Government of India Rules.
7. All the applications received within the due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for short-listing by a Screening Committee and only the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee will be called for interview. The decision of the Institute on short-listing will be final and the Institute will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
8. For further details visit us at www.bsip.res.in
HOW TO APPLY
Application on plain paper from the candidate together with the copies of mark-sheets, certificates, degrees, testimonials and list of publications etc. should reach to the Registrar, Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, 53, University Road, Lucknow 226 007, UP on or before October 01, 2015.