Workshop on Fundamentals of Mass Spectrometry-based Proteomics for Beginners
Date: October 7 to 9, 2015
Institute of Bioinformatics (IOB) is a premier research institute working in the field of Genomics, Proteomics and Computational Biology. IOB has established a state-of-the-art proteomics facility that is being utilized to explore and validate candidate biomarkers in a wide array of human diseases ranging from neurological disorders and infections to cancers using next generation sequencing and proteomic approach.
We have successfully conducted thirteen workshops on high resolution mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Several faculties and students from reputed Research Institutes and Universities from India have participated in these workshops.
Venue: Institute of Bioinformatics - Bangalore
About the workshop:
The workshop is being organized in proteomics facility of IOB, located in Bangalore in the International Tech Park (ITPB), Whitefield. As a part of this 3-day long intensive training, we will introduce demonstrate and provide theoretical underpinnings of high-resolution mass spectrometry-based proteomics technologies and their application to clinical and biological research. Each participant will get hands-on training for sample preparation and mass spectrometry-derived proteomic data analysis. For others desiring to be independent investigators, the Workshop serves as introductory material for the more advanced training.
· Introduction to proteomics
· Basics of mass spectrometry
· Workflow of a typical proteomics study
· Fractionation techniques
· LTQ-Orbitrap Velos – A working model of high resolution mass spectrometer
· Tandem mass spectrometry data analysis
· Students (doctoral, post doctoral fellows): Rs. 15,000/-
· Faculty members: Rs. 20,000/-
· Industry participants: Rs. 25,000/-
· Foreign Participants: USD $600
· A concession of Rs. 2000/- in the registration fee will be provided for:
a) A participant registering for more than one workshop
b) Students and faculties from Jammu and Kashmir, and North East India
c) A group registration of 3 or more students from the same Institute.
· Registration fee includes registration kit, snacks and lunch
· Good accommodation for participants with a very reasonable cost will be arranged on request. Accommodation will also cover breakfast, dinner and wifi. Cost of the accommodation is not included in the registration fee.
· Certificate of participation will be provided after the completion of workshop.
How to register:
Please click on below link to go through the workshop guide.
Please click on below link to register online.
The participants are requested to duly fill the online application by accessing above registration link
Registration fee is to be paid by:
Demand Draft in favour of Institute of Bioinformatics Trust, payable at Bangalore
Online transfer (Refer to guidelines provided on registration page link provided)
Registration will be confirmed on receipt of the demand draft or online transfer.
Deadline: September 30, 2015
Dr. Keshava Prasad
Faculty Scientist, Institute of Bioinformatics, Discoverer Building, 7th Floor, International Tech Park (ITPB), Whitefield, Bangalore - 560 066
Phone :( +91) 80-28416140
Address for communication:
Sonali V Mohan,
Organizing Committee, Institute of Bioinformatics, Discoverer Building, 7th Floor, International Tech Park (ITPB), Whitefield, Bangalore - 560 066
Phone :( +91) 80-28416140