|Student|| Postdoc/Faculty/Scientist/ |
|Early-bird Registration Fees |
Before 12th Oct 2015
|Registration Fees |
From 13th to 20th Oct 2015
18 October 2015
RASA Life Science Informatics
Announcing 4 Days Workshop
"Developing Bioinformatics Application with Perl/BioPerl"
23rd to 26th October 2015
What makes Perl so useful for bioinformatics is that there are so many bioinformatics (and scientific in general) extensions and modules for Perl:
· This is good for researchers and scientists not very experienced with programming, as they can easily pick up Perl and get their desired task(s) accomplished
· In a great many cases, the language's design and abilities make it an almost perfect fit for the job.
All these make Perl a good contender for scientific research, especially in fields where the data to process is mostly in text format.
There are lots of pre-existing scripts to use, including Bio-Perl, which is an international open-source collaboration of biologists, bioinformaticians, and computer scientists that has evolved over the past 7 yr into the most comprehensive library of Perl modules available for managing and manipulating life-science information. Bioperl provides an easy-to-use, stable, and consistent programming interface for bioinformatics application programmers. The Bioperl modules have been successfully and repeatedly used to reduce otherwise complex tasks to only a few lines of code.
The objective of the workshop is to train participants in becoming a beginner Perl programmer. At the end of the Perl training course, participants will have a good working knowledge of the Perl programming language and ability to develop the Perl Scripts which will help them to channelize their work
· Training will be on Easy eclipse which is widely use across Industry
· 100% practical session
· Working on live project under expert Bioinformaticians
In this Workshop following topics will be covered:
· What is Perl and it's applications?
· How to use variables and operators in Perl?
· how to use decision making statements in Perl?
· How to use iteration in Perl?
· How to read and write files using Perl?
· What is regular expression?
· What Is subroutine and its application?
· What is BioPerl?
· What are different biological file formats?
· How to Read Biological sequence data file using BioPerl?
· How to create biological sequence data file using BioPerl?
· How to predict domain/motif using BioPerl?
*Id proof required at the time of registration.
Accommodation will be available as per the requirement. For More details contact us on Ph no: 020-65600408 / 8411927535/7798668315