THE XXXIX ALL INDIA CELL BIOLOGY CONFERENCE ON
CELLULAR ORGANIZATION AND DYNAMICS
6-8 December 2015
Venue : Samudra Beach Resort, Kovalam, Kerala
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Reaching Trivandrum
About the Conference
The XXXIX All India Cell Biology Conference will be organized jointly by Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) and Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from December 6 - 8, 2015. The conference theme is 'Cellular Organization and dynamics' which will bring together experts from various key areas of cell biology. The conference will broadly focus on basic questions in the field of cell biology as a whole but will have special emphasis on cellular interactions and dynamic properties of cells in various biological systems. The themes will cover:
- Cell interactions and cell polarity in morphogenesis
- Cell division
- Cell motility and migration
- Cell metabolism
- Signalling pathways that control cellular functions: autophagy, cell death and inflammation
- Functional organisation and biogenesis of cell organelles
- Genome organisation and nuclear architecture
- Protein sorting, vesicular transport and intracellular compartmentation
- Stem cells and regeneration
- Host cell entry mechanisms of pathogens, cellular basis of bacterial and viral infections
- Cell and Molecular biology of parasites
- Cancer, tumor metastasis and tumor metabolism
- Cell biology of human diseases and ageing
We expect a large number of high quality posters from which a few will be selected for platform presentations. The Indian Society for Cell Biology will be awarding prizes for the best poster and presentation. In addition, there will be short presentations and exhibition stalls at the venue from various companies that deal with molecular biology tools, imaging and biophysical equipments. This meeting would provide an ideal environment for scientists and students to network, make new collaborations and for young students it would provide an opportunity to get exposed to the cutting edge science and technological progress in the field of Cell Biology.
For registration, click the link and fill in the required details. The number of registrations will be limited. In case of an overwhelming response due to logistical reasons we may close the registration before deadline. Hence we request you to register as early as possible, also check for updates regarding this.
For faculty/scientists: details of nearby hotels will be updated soon.
Registration fee includes to registrants: conference kit, access to inaugural function, scientific sessions, exhibitions, refreshments, breakfast, lunch, dinner and shared accommodation wherever applicable.
Registration fee includes to accompanying persons: access to exhibitions, refreshments, breakfast, lunch, dinner and shared accommodation wherever applicable.
- You can submit an abstract for the poster sessions through the registration form.
- If you want your abstract to be considered for an oral presentation select the appropriate option.
- Provide the Title, the presenting author, the other authors and the abstract (250 words) in the form.
- You will be informed by email, if your abstract has been selected for an oral presentation.
Eligibility for participation:
- The XXXIX All India Cell Biology Conference is open to all the categories of members of the Indian Society for Cell Biology.
- Non-Members who wish to register and/or participate in the Annual Conference should either become member of the Society or may become Seasonal Member by paying a Seasonal Membership fee from time to time for the particular Annual Conference. The seasonal membership fee will be collected by the Secretary/Treasurer of ISCB and will go to ISCB's funds. This membership can be done during the conference. Participants need to fill the application form and hand over the form along with the fee. The different ISCB membership application forms are available athttp://www.iscb.org.in/homepage.htm.
- Every member will be entitled to register and participate in the meeting even if he/she does not intend presenting a paper in platform/poster sessions. Such members should intimate their intention to register and should request for accommodation to the convener before the due date set for the purpose by the convener.
- Each member of ISCB who has paid membership dues will be entitled to receive the abstract book and such other papers as are issued to all other registered participants
Awards will be presented for exceptional poster and platform presentations
- A single person will not be eligible to receive more than one award.
- Anyone who has received an award at an earlier ISCB conference will not be eligible to compete again.
- The award for the platform and poster presentations are open to student members of the society, below 30 years of age at the time of the conference.
- Abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be considered.