Job Number 2367687
Business GE Healthcare
Business Segment Healthcare Life Sciences
About Us GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
1. Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
2. Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
3. Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, MicroCal, WAVE, Applied Precision and more.
GEHC-LS: http://www.youtube.com/user/gelifesciences to Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences.
Posted Position Title Scientist
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Research - Biology
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Bangalore
Postal Code 560066
The role will focus on developing applications and products ideas for the Lifescience product folio -aligned to our strategy of developing products & solutions for the emerging/global markets in the Biopharma / Biotech areas by leveraging the local/global vendor base & also leveraging the knowledge from global teams.
To join the team of Life Sciences, India as Application Scientist. Responsibility includes, executing Life Sciences new product development programs in order to maintain technological edge of GE Healthcare Life Sciences products; develop and run verification & validation protocols to support faster new product introductions (NPI). Work closely with product development teams locally and internationally in a cross-functional environment to ensure development and on-time delivery.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Work in a team environment and contribute in developing a good understanding about the customer requirements and applications on areas of protein purification, down stream process specifically using various filtration technologies.
• Develop protocols and methods for verification and validation the products.
Masters in biotechnology, biochemistry or similar.
• 3-5 years of experience in Protein purification, Down stream processing specifically chromatography and various filtration technologies.
• Hand-on experience on various types of Chromatography and Filtration techniques and handling instruments is a must.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Quality Specific Goals:
1.Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps,
providing solutions when possible.
Prior working knowledge of Fitration techniques and hand-on expertise with filtration equipments is desirable.
• Proven excellence in communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple project simultaneously with cross-functional team in an international environment.