25 November 2015
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ROURKELA – 769 008 (ODISHA)
SPONSORED RESEARCH, INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY & CONTINUING EDUCATION
ADVERTISEMENT NO: NITR/SR/ LS-NPR/2015/69
Applications are invited on prescribed format for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Life Science of the Institute.
1. Name of the Temporary Post : Junior Research Fellow – 01
2. Name of the Research Project : “Non-host Resistance and Programmed Cell Death in Arabidopsis for Engineering Broad Spectrum and Durable Disease Resistance in Rice”
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency : SERB, DST, Government of India
4 Tenure of the Project : November, 2015 to November, 2018
5 Tenure of the Assignment : 1 year, extendable annually till completion of project, subject to satisfactory performance.
6 Job Description : Research work related to project.
7. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship : Rs.25, 000/- P.M.
8. Essential Qualifications and experience : M.Sc. in Life Science, Botany, Biotechnology, microbiology, Biochemistry with valid NET or GATE
9. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences : Prior working experience in plants
10. Accommodation : Bachelor accommodation in the Institute may be provided subject to availability. (P.T.O)
11.For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address: Name : Prof. Binod Bihari Sahu Address : Department of Life Science National Institute of Technology, Rourkela-769 008 Tel. No : 9777458089, 0661-2462782 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format (available in the Institute Website) affixed with coloured photographs to be submitted in duplicate along with photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., to Asst. Registrar, SRICCE, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela–769 008 on or before 07.12.2015. The cover should be super- scribed clearly the post applied for & Name of the Project. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project.