A full-time position for Research Assistant is available at Telluris Biotech India Pvt Ltd, an incubatee company at IKP Knowledge Park, Genome valley, Shamirpet, Hyderabad. The successful candidate will provide technical support to the Managing Director of the company. The Candidate’s responsibilities include accurate and prompt data analysis, interpretation of collected data for a wide array of applications. The candidate will be encouraged to help develop successful protocols, and must be able to troubleshoot any potential technical problems. The candidate must possess good organizational and communication skills. The ability to multi-task is essential due to the nature of the activities within the laboratory. The candidate will be responsible for the daily and preventive maintenance of tools and must keep the lab equipment clean, for every day lab use. The candidate should be able to independently and in teams work on presenting the work at various symposia in addition to preparing manuscripts of the work for publishing in research journals. Assisting in grant writing for state and federal funded research programs and experience in publishing in a peer-reviewed journal is a plus.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Genetics or related discipline. Preferably Biotechnology. Prior experience in microbiological and molecular biological research techniques is essential. The ideal candidate will have to be highly motivated toward innovation, technology development. Strong knowledge of basic laboratory techniques including is highly essential and preferred.
• Experience working in a biomedical research laboratory preferred with understanding of basic lab techniques and principles of cell biology. Cell staining, Cell culture, ELISA, PCR experience is a plus.
• Strong computer skills along with good record keeping skills for keeping the facility database and web site up to date. Demonstrate knowledge of Windows based computer programs, specifically MS Word, Excel and Power Point for recording and analyzing data.
• Must be performance-driven; and should thrive on meeting deadlines in a fast paced, team-oriented, multi-investigator environment and the ability to support multiple functions with fluctuating priorities.
• Attention to detail and desire to obtain quality results is essential as are good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including use of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and standard business formats. Candidate must be able to work independently under deadlines with minimal guidance, and to work as a team member. Demonstrate initiative and follow through in an accurate and timely manner with attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent customer service and organization skills, ability to prioritize work, problem solve and complete assignments independently as well as work in a team environment.
Be able to write research manuscripts, research abstracts for peer reviewed publications.
Be able to submit abstracts for poster/paper presentations.
Take responsibility for maintenance of laboratory equipment.
Drive growth by cultivating business partnerships via business calls and attending networking events.
Must be able to co-author journal articles, review articles, federal, state and private grants for funding opportunities Must be able to assist in original research leading to development of new technologies and file for patents
• May require occasional weekend work and travel.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org