Ph.D. Programme in Biomedical Science:
Interdisciplinary Program for Biomedical Sciences (IPBS),
Graduate School of Medicine
Osaka University, Japan
Recruitment Notice No. THS/RN/31/2015
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) invites applications from Indian citizen for Ph.D. programme at Osaka University, Japan for the academic year 2016. Applicants will be screened for compliance at THSTI, and then interviewed jointly by Osaka University and THSTI selection committee. For details of the Interdisciplinary Program for Biomedical Sciences (IPBS), please see: (http://www.stn.osakau.ac.jp/english/program/requirement_rec.html).
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must either:
I. Have completed (or expect to complete by September 30, 2016) a final degree from a 6- year degree course in Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science or Pharmaceutical Science. OR
II. Have completed (or expect to complete by September 30, 2016) a master’s degree in life sciences or related fields. In addition, candidates must hold a TOEFL (≥600PBT) or IELTS (≥6.5) score.
Documents to be submitted to THSTI:
•Cover letter, CV, recent passport size photograph and a statement of scientific intent and ability.
•Letters of recommendation from academic only. (At least two)
•All academic transcripts/records from high school to post-graduation. (10th to Master’s)
•A copy of TOEFL or IELTS scores. Important notes for applicants:
• Incomplete applications will be rejected. Revision of applications once submitted is not permitted.
• Please do not submit original documents with the application. Submitted documents will not be returned.
• Initial screening for candidates will take place at THSTI. Final selection will be carried out jointly by THSTI and Osaka University at THSTI.
• Accepted students will be students of Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine.
The IPBS stipend will be available till March 2018.
• All the results will be published in our website and all future communication will be only through email.
For applications, please send the above-mentioned documents to email@example.com by December 11, 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview at THSTI for the final selection.