- Strong Linux skills.
- Practical experience with most if not all components of AWS: EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM.
- Demonstrate experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and source control, especially Git.
- Know how to build and support scalable web applications in a variety of languages (Python, Scala, Go).
- Demonstrate familiarity with networking and security concepts.
- Operation and architecture of multi-tier distributed systems involving load balancers, caching layers and real-time event processing
- Proven experience of design and/or implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- At least some programming/scripting knowledge
- Experience of setting up clustered/resilient filesystem and database configurations
- Experience of network/machine monitoring solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the Python/Django stack and technologies such as Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery, PostgreSQL
- Experience with core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) and contemporary frameworks like jQuery, Angular, Backbone, and Bootstrap.
- A good understanding of MVC architecture and RESTful design patterns
- Experience with configuration management tooling (Chef, Ansible, Puppet) and application containerization techniques.
- Experience configuring webservers and load balancers (Nginx, Apache, HAProxy, etc)
- Familiarity with web and AWS security best practices.
- Familiarity with telecommunications protocols & tools, especially SMPP &Kannel
22 December 2015
SRISTI invites young innovation promotion executives/staff to apply for challenging leadership and staff positions
A. Positions for BIRAC-SRISTI PMU
1) Project Coordinator/Senior Manager
Expected salary maximum up to Rs. 60,000/- p.m. all inclusive
Essential qualification: Candidate should be PhD in pharmacy, biotechnology, medical technologies or postgraduate with MBA with experience of three to five years in research/incubation/business development/technology development/fabrication or master degree with management/professional experience of incubating technologies for one or two year.The qualifications can be relaxed in exceptional cases
Desirable: Experience of managing projects for product/business development supported by external agencies; coordination, communication, interface with industry and academic institutions etc.
2) Research fellow/Manager: (Product Development, Biotech, Pharmacy, Biomedical and similar sectors)
Expected salary maximum:Rs. 30,000/- p.m. all inclusive
Essential: Candidate should be M.Sc./M.Tech in any branch of Science viz: Botany, Zoology, Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Plant Biotech, Animal Biotech / Masters in Engineering (any discipline) with 3-5 year of experience in research /incubation /business development/technology development/fabrication.
Desirable: Having 3-5 years of experience in managing R&D projects at academic or business institutions/industries.
3) Research Fellow/manager: (BusinessDevelopment/Project management/communication)
Expected salarymaximum: Rs30,000/- p.m. all inclusive
The candidate is required to have regular meetings with different projectsteams tohelp them pursue product development on time without violating ethical or professional norms. The fellows have to updating the Coordinator and the advisory committee about each project, manage R&D activities, build linkages with fabricators, test labs, and mentors and mentees. Linking with potential users, market, regulators, standards agency, manufacturers, co-investors etc., have to be forged;
He/she will also be responsible for updating online incubation platform, projects of students, preparing project reports, manage MIS and all other communications.
4) Database Manager
Expected salary maximum: Rs 20,000/- p.m. all inclusive
Essential: B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA with minimum of two to three years of experience in database management, operating content management system, making ICT tools involving both open Source and other platforms. Work experience in CMS, PHP and building some real life projects.
Desirable: Proficiency in communication and soft skills, leadership abilities and having experience of project management.
The candidates with following knowledge base will be preferred:
B. Assistant Editor (Honey Bee)
Essential Requirements: Graduate or post graduate in science with hands on experience of editing, proofreading, layout, translation etc. The candidate will possess excellent writing skills in English for drafting communication material about our activities and the innovations supported by the organization.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience of working for a reputed magazine / research journal is highly desirable. Familiarity with html, wordpress, SQL and Drupal will be an advantage.
C. Positions formanaging TECHPEDIA
1) Project Manager/s
Expected salary maximum: Rs 40,000/- p.m. all inclusive
Candidate with BE/ME/MBA/MSC/MS/MCA can apply for the Techpedia (www.techpedia.sristi.org) project at SRISTI. Candidates have to work with student innovators in higher education institutes and coordinate various efforts like pooling of final year projects/innovations, doing prior art search, coordinating innovation activities across various universities in India. Candidate should be willing to travel (nearly 15-20 days) to various universities/grassroots innovators and have suitable project management abilities. Candidate should contribute to various flagship programs like GYTI, crowd funding, website management, Social Innovation Fund, incubation support and Summer Innovation School etc.
Candidate with suitable ICT, planning and coordination skills with commitment to Honey Bee Network philosophy will be preferred.
You are requested to mail your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org up to 24th Dec. 2015
Please do not wait for the last date; we may close the openings as soon as we find the right people!