2. 8 [CSIR Answer]
4. 8 × 3
Since Grey= Red + Green + Blue
and each colour has 8 possibilities, and choosing all three are independent events, so the number of possibilities are 8 x 8 x 8 = 83
3. Glutamine [CSIR Answer]
Even glcyine and Aspartic acid can produce 15N labelled purines.
35. Which of the following is NOT a cell adhesion protein?
3. Immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily
4. Laminin [CSIR Answer]
Both Immunoglobulin and Laminin are cell adhesion proteins.
2. anaphase I only
3. anaphase II only [CSIR Answer]
4. both anaphase I and II
57. In the following equations
(a) dN /dt = rN
(b) Nt = No ert
(c) dN /dt = rN (K-N/K)
(d) dN/dt = rN x N/K
exponential population growth is described by
1. a and b [CSIR Answer]
2. a only
3. c only
4. b and d
Nt = No ert is wrongly printed. It should be like this Nt = No ert
64. Application of gene therapy in clinical trials did NOT succeed due to
1. poor integration of a gene in the host genome
2. lack of expression of integrated gene in cells
3. degradation of gene inside the cell
4. activation of oncogenes consequent to integration of the gene [CSIR Answer]
2. A, B and D
3. D and E
4. B, D and E
Even statement D is correct.
3. Independent assortment [CSIR Answer]
The vast majority are opines are formed by condensation of an amino acid, either with a keto acid or a sugar.
SET B Question Paper
Tables are interchanged for Question Number 129 and 131.
Difficult to tell what CSIR will do for above questions.