07 January 2016
DEPARTMENT OF MARINE AND COASTAL STUDIES
MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY
Pudumadam – 623 524, Ramand District, Tamilnadu
Applications are invited for vacancy the following temporary positions in the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology sponsored project entitled “Molecular Diversity of Coral Zooxanthellae of Palk Bay coast, India” initially for a period of one year extendable further based on the performance as per details given below:
1. Junior Research Fellow: 1 No.
Emoluments: Rs.12,000/- pm + Rs.960 HRA for 1st & 2nd years and Rs.14,000/-pm for 3rd year + Rs.960 HRA.
Place of Posting: Department of Marine and Coastal Studies at Pudumadam, in Ramnad District, Tamilnadu.
Essential Qualification(s): M.Sc., in Molecular Biology / Microbiology / Genomics / Biotechnology / Marine Biology / Biology / Zoology with 60% marks or equivalent grade. Candidates having qualified and a valid NET/SLET or GATE with at least one year of research experience in Molecular biology or M.Phil., with two years of experience in molecular techniques.
Desirable Qualification(s): Preferences will be given to candidate who will be a good knowledge in sea-swimming / skin diving / snorkeling, since the proposed project involves more Underwater Surveys to study the status of corals of Palk Bay as well as collection of coral samples. The staff will be selected as per the norms.
Candidates with strong aptitude for research will be encouraged to register for Ph.D. degree.
1. Candidates serving in Central / State Governments / Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous bodies etc., shall apply through proper channel. If candidates apply directly their selection will be subject to clearance from their departments.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions. 5. Application should be typed on A4 plain paper in the format given below. It should be supported with a passport size photograph along with attested copies of educational qualifications etc., and should be sent to, “Dr.C.M.Ramakritinan, Assistant Professor, Principal Investigator, DBT Research Project, Department of Marine and Coastal Studies, Madurai Kamaraj University, Pudumadam – 623 524, Ramnad District, Tamilnadu (e-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ” ; Mobile: 09442039861) in a cover superscribed “Application for Junior Research Fellow” so as to reach on or before 18-01-2016 at 5 00pm.
6. The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
7. An entrance test may be conducted for the candidates of Junior Research Fellows before interview. 8. Incomplete applications or applications received after prescribed time limit shall not be entertained.
9. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the Interview.
10. The application can be downloaded from the website, www.mkuniversity.org
11. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.