05 January 2016
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ROURKELA – 769 008 (ODISHA)
SPONSORED RESEARCH, INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY & CONTINUING EDUCATION
ADVERTISEMENT NO: NITR/SR/LS-GSN/81 Dated:04.01.2016
Applications are invited on prescribed format for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Life Science of the Institute.
1. Name of the Temporary Post : Junior Research Fellow – 01
2. Name of the Research Project : “Green synthesis of iron nanoparticles from manglicolous fungi of Indian Sundarban and their application in sequestration of heavy metals from contaminated water”
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency : DBT, Government of India
4 Tenure of the Project : January, 2016 to December, 2018
5 Tenure of the Assignment : 3 year, extendable annually till completion of project, subject to satisfactory performance.
6 Job Description : Research work related to project.
7. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship : Rs. 25000/- per month; 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 28000/- per month in 3rd year for valid GATE / NET candidates.
8. Essential Qualifications and experience : M.Sc./M. Tech in Life Science, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology, Chemical Engg, Zoology, Botany or allied subjects with 65% mark or above. NET or GATE qualified candidates will be preferred.
9. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences : Prior working experience in bioremediation, nanoremediation and/or materials chemistry will be preferred.
10. Accommodation : Bachelor accommodation in the Institute may be provided subject to availability.
11.For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address: Name : Dr. Surajit Das Address : Department of Life Science National Institute of Technology, Rourkela-769 008 Tel. No : 9556425605, 0661-2462684 E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format (available in the Institute Website) affixed with colored photographs to be submitted in duplicate along with photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., to Asst. Registrar, SRICCE, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela–769 008 on or before 18.01.2016. The cover should be super- scribed clearly the post applied for & Name of the Project. Shortlisted candidates will be informed for the date of interview. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project.