NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF VIROLOGY
(INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH)
20-A, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Post Box No.11, Next to Marathi Church,
Pune 411 001
NIV Ph. D. Admission 2016
Application for Ph.D. Programme 2016 (UNDER JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW PROGRAMME)
GENERAL: National Institute of Virology invites applications for Ph.D. programme from candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens and having consistently good academic record. Candidates should have strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree. The list of available projects for the current session will be provided to the candidates at the time of interview. Students with post graduate degree and having valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-Inspire/BINC are eligible to apply.
All eligible students interested in joining NIV may refer to detailed advertisement and submit application available at http://www.niv.co.in / www.icmr.nic.in on or before 08/03/2016.
Total No. of vacancies - Seven: (02 UR plus 01 SC in Basic Medical Sciences- 02 UR in Microbiology; 01 SC plus 01 ST in Biotechnology)
ELIGIBILITY FOR NIV Ph. D. PROGRAMME:
1. The candidate should have Postgraduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Bioinformatics, and physical science (including Biophysics) with at least 50% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA). Students belonging to reserved category of Maharashtra state only will be eligible for 5% relaxation.
2. The candidate should hold a valid Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT-INSPIRE/BINC on the date of joining. Candidates who have qualified GATE or only Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) are not eligible to apply. NIV does not take any responsibility to provide financial assistance.
3. Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be as directed by the agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which will be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PH and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Those who have already availed fellowship in other organizations and seeking transfer should clearly indicate so on their application.
4. Reservations will be as per the Savitribai Phule Pune University rules.
5. There will be no relaxation against unreserved positions as per Govt. of India Order No.36011/1/98.Estt. (Res.) dt.01/7/1998. APPLICATIONS: Candidates who satisfy the above criterion may submit their duly filled in applications in the prescribed format to the Director, National Institute of Virology, S. No. 130/1, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune- 411 021 before 08/03/2016. Please super scribe “Application for Ph.D. Programme 2016” on the left side of the envelope. Attach photo copies of the fellowship award letter and mark-sheet of last qualifying examination along with the application form. Do not attach any other certificates (Original or Photocopy) along with the application form. SC/ST/OBC candidates should attach self attested true copy of the Caste Certificate/Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application. However, all the original documents must be produced at the time of interview, failing which candidates will not be interviewed.
PERSONAL INTERVIEW: Personal interview will be held at NIV, Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on NIV / ICMR website. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. No TA / DA will be provided for attending the personal interview and the selected candidates may need to stay for two or three days more for finalization of guide. Mere fulfilling of the minimum requirements stipulated in the advertisement would not automatically entitle a candidate for selection. The decision of the Institute shall be final and binding in this regard. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification. Candidates should bring all the original and self attested copies of following documents while attending the interview.
1) Birth certificate/ proof of date of birth 2) If the candidate belongs to reserved category / physical handicapped category, proper certificate issued by competent authority 3) Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation and post graduation. 4) Valid Fellowship Certificate 5) For OBC category, valid non-creamy layer certificate
TIME SCHEDULE FOR SELECTION PROCEDURE For further details or enquiry please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the application format from http://www.niv.co.in / www.icmr.nic.in/ Websites. Director NIV, Pune Sr. No PARTICULARS SCHEDULE 1 Last date of receipt of applications at NIV 08/03/2016 2 Display of short listed candidates called for interview 21/03/2016 3 Interview of the short listed candidates at NIV Will be displayed on NIV website in due course of time 4 Declaration of results Will be displayed on NIV website in due course of time National Institute of Virology, Pune
More Info : http://niv.co.in/career/Ph.D.admission-2016.pdf