The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology.
The current research themes include:
- Computational & Structural Biology
- cancer and stem cell biology
- human and medical genetics
- genetics and epigenetics
- cell signalling
- silkmoth genomics
- molecular and cellular biology
- molecular pathogenesis
We invite applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to our Research Scholars program beginning July / August 2016. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program of Manipal University or University of Hyderabad.
Admission to the CDFD Research Scholars program in July/August 2016 (RSP – I – 2016) will be made through two independent streams as described below.
To be eligible for either stream all candidates must have:
- Masters degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / UGC – RGNF (for SC/ST candidates) or have qualified BINC examination conducted by the DBT with fellowship or GATE (All India Top 50 Ranks in Biotechnology [BT], Life Sciences [XL] or Chemistry [CY]) or JEST. Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply. MBBS candidates are exempted from any of the eligibility tests mentioned herein but must be below the age of 28 years as on the last date for receipt of application.
Applicants who appeared for the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2016), which was held on December 13, 2015 and apply to CDFD would be eligible for consideration in stream 1. From amongst these applicants, a shortlist of candidates (CDFD JGEEBILS-2016 shortlist) would be prepared, based on a cut-off determined by CDFD. These shortlisted candidates would be asked to directly appear for interviews on 13.06.2016in Hyderabad.
(From this year onwards, even the candidates applying against this stream must have qualified the CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / UGC – RGNF (for SC/ST candidates) or have qualified BINC examination conducted by the DBT with fellowship or GATE (All India Top 50 Ranks in Biotechnology [BT], Life Sciences [XL] or Chemistry [CY]) or JEST).
The candidates in the “CDFD JGEEBILS-2016 shortlist” who appear for the interview on 13.06.2016 will be paid to and fro sleeper class rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of their residence whichever is nearer to Hyderabad on production of proof of undertaking the journey.
Candidates (including those who appeared for JGEEBILS-2016 but do not figure in the CDFD JGEEBILS-2016 shortlist) who produce proof of having cleared the above mentioned exams will be allowed to appear for the LAN based examination conducted by CDFD on 14.06.2016.
Candidates who qualify the written / LAN based examination on 14.06.2016 would be asked to appear for interview on15.06.2015.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the LAN-based examination and the following interview.
Interested candidates (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2016) need to register their names forRESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM - I - 2016 by applying in the prescribed application form online or by hard copy.
The Online facility of application will open on 21.03.2016 and will be closed on 09.05.2016.
Applications may also be made on plain paper as per the prescribed format. Candidates applying off-line may send their application form alongwith the certificates in support of Date of Birth, Educational qualifications, Caste and NET fellowship etc., to "The Head - Administration, Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Office Block: 2nd Floor, Bldg.7, Gruhakalpa, 5-4-399/B, M. J. Road, Nampally, Hyderabad - 500 001", so as to reach on or before 11.05.2016.
The Individual Admit Card / Hall Ticket with details of user name, password, venue of the examination and time will be sent through e-mail. No individual intimation letter would be sent. No TA/DA will be paid. Director, CDFD reserves the right to accept / reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
SPOT REGISTRATION for the LAN based examination on 14.06.2016:
In the case of candidates whose JRF examination results are announced before the written / LAN based examination of CDFD takes place, and have qualified the NET with fellowship are also eligible to appear for the CDFD examination upon furnishing the relevant details of having cleared the JRF/NET with fellowship under "SPOT REGISTRATION" Category.