Research Technician-Genetic Gain
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Research Technician will be as follows
- Land preparation, field research operations including sowing, harvesting, threshing, and post-harvest data recording
- Collecting, managing and summarizing data
- Supervising daily workers
- Maintaining and updating requirements of farm research operations, and follow-up with respective farm/field operation services & units
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- Understanding of Basics of crop production procedures
- Proficiency in basic crop science/plant breeding techniques
- Well-versed with filed research activities including field layouts, seed preparations, randomizations, data recording
- Good knowledge of MS-Office in particular MS-Excel (Level 2)
- Good communication skills
Eligibility and Qualification:
- B.Sc. in Agriculture/plant sciences; and considerable demonstrated ability in field & laboratory research.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in relevant field
- Ability to work in a team
- Data entry and analysis skills (MS Office, Windows, etc.)
- Experience with database, digital data recording will be an additional advantage
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Four-wheeler driving license
This is a staff position in the Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) Cadre with an attractive & competitive salary and benefits package. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and continued funding.
Last date to submit application: 1st April 2016
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff.