Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
The Institute invites applications for the following positions on contract basis:
Name of the Post JRF / Project Assistant
Name of the Project
Project A1: Community plant-pollinator interactions at the landscape level.
Project A2: : Ecology and conservation of freshwater swamp ecosystems of the Western Ghats, Kerala Region
Funding agency DBT
Minimum Educational qualification (as prescribed by the funding agency)
Junior Research Fellow
The candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying degree preferably.
Additional qualifications for JRF are: Post-graduate degree in any area of Basic Sciences in Biology with NET qualification, OR Graduate Degree in a Professional Course in Biology with NET qualification, OR Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course in Biology
In case a suitable candidate with the above qualifications is not found, candidates with a Masters degree in Biological Sciences may be appointed as Project Assistant if selected.
All applicants should have at least 6 months of work experience conducting research on field-based ecological studies.
Number of posts
Project A1 = 1 post
Project A2 = 1 post
JRF = 25,000 + HRA
Project Assistant = 16,000+ HRA
Tenure of the post 1 year, extendable based on performance
Age 32 years with 3-5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically disabled as per government norms
Last date April 10, 2016
How to apply
Completed applications should be sent by email to Hema Somanathan (email@example.com), WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “DBT funded Plant Ecology / Plant-Animal Interactions JRF / Project Assistant position – Your Name".
The application should contain a detailed resume, a one page statement of interest mentioning the project(s) of interest (either A1 or A2 or both A1 and A2). Please include contact details (phone number, email and postal address), a photograph, scanned copies of educational/professional qualifications and reprints of papers. Research experience should be supported by a certificate from the previous employer(s). Candidates should bring originals of all applicable certificates (qualifying degrees, national examinations, category certificate, etc) during the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview. Applications failing to the meet minimum criteria will not be considered. Interviews may be conducted over skype videoconferencing in exceptional cases if this is indicated by the applicant beforehand. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email on details of interview date, time and venue and it will also be put up on the website www.iiisertvm.ac.in.
A printed copy of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview.
Applicants must bring all certificates (original + one copy) at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvanathapuram.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader/ Principal Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
Last Date : 2016-04-10