INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KANPUR
Admission Notice for Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Des/MS (Research) Programmes
commencing from July, 2016 (2016-17-I Semester)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission to Ph.D., M.Tech., M.Des and MS (Research) programmes commencing from July, 21, 2016 (2016-17-I Semester) in the following departments/interdisciplinary programmes:
M.Tech. & Ph.D. (ENGINEERING): Aerospace Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering * Computer Science & Engineering * Earth Sciences * Electrical Engineering * Industrial & Management Engineering (all areas of Management) * Materials Science & Engineering * Materials Science * Mechanical Engineering * Nuclear Engineering & Technology * Photonics Science & Engineering
Ph.D. (SCIENCES): Chemistry * Mathematics & Statistics * Physics * Earth Sciences
Ph.D. (HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES): Economics * English (Literature, Linguistics and ELT) * Fine Arts * Philosophy * Psychology * Sociology
MS (RESEARCH): Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering * Computer Science & Engineering * Electrical Engineering * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science & Engineering.
Maters of Design & Ph.D. (Design)
(i) Reservations (for SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD candidates) shall apply as per Government of India rules.
(ii) For Online Application procedure, Information Brochure and Eligibility Criteria linkages to concerned department and other relevant details visit:
Click the link of concerned department to get detailed information about department.
(iii) Detailed information on PG programmes offered at IIT Kanpur is available at
(iv) Financial aid (Assistantship/Scholarship) will be provided to non-sponsored Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Des/MS (Research) students.
(v) Those employed in an industry or a college/university/institute may apply for admission as a sponsored, external or part-time candidate. Further information on these category of admissions is available at
(vi) Application Procedure:
- Candidates can apply online only. There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
- Ph.D. applicants must provide the details of at least two persons who can provide reference letters (to be submitted online by referees on aoutomated online request sent to them through this portal) in support of candidature of applicant.
- The application fee is Rs.400 for General and OBC candidates and Rs.200 for SC/ST and all PwD candidates. The fee must be paid online through debit card or credit card or internet banking available at payment gateways provided in the online application portal.
- Separate application form is to be filled for each program.
- The online applications portal will be available from March 18, 2016 till April 11, 2016.