NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ROURKELA – 769 008 (ODISHA)
ADVERTISEMENT NO: NITR/SR/CY-MPD/92
Applications are invited on prescribed format for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Chemistry of the Institute.
1. Name of the Temporary Post : Project Fellow (1 post)
2. Name of the Research Project : “Effect of micro-and macro-environment on protein dynamics: A step towards in vivo folding”
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency : SERB, DST, Government of India
4 Tenure of the Project : 03 years (from Jan 2016 to Dec 2018)
5 Tenure of the Assignment : 03 years
6 Job Description : The project student (likely to be converted as a PhD student) will work on the physical aspects of protein folding and kinetics.
7. Consolidated monthly Fellowship i) 1 st Year ii) 2 nd Year iii) 3 rd Year : Rs. 16,000.00 Rs. 16,000.00 Rs. 18,000.00
8. Essential Qualifications and experience : M.Sc. (Chemistry or Life Science or Biochemistry) with 65% or 7.0 CGPA or equivalent. Candidates with career first class will be preferred.
9. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences : (i) Molecular biology techniques with biochemistry knowledge (ii) Knowledge on optical spectroscopy
10. Accommodation : Bachelor accommodation in the Institute may be provided subject to availability.
11. For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address: Name : Prof. Harekrushna Sahoo Address : Department of Chemistry N.I.T., Rourkela-769 008 Telephone No : 0661-2462665 Mobil No.: 8596972772 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format (available in the Institute Website) affixed with colored photographs to be submitted in duplicate along with photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., to Asst. Registrar, SRICCE, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela–769 008 on or before 15.03.2016. The cover should be super- scribed clearly the post applied for & Name of the Project. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project.