MACS-AGHARKAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
PUNE – 411004
INTERVIEW FOR TEMPORARY POSITION OF JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (1) IN THE BIOENERGY GROUP
Junior Research Fellow – ONE
2. Funding Agency, Title, Period of the Project & Post Code SPONSORED PROJECT – 254 [SERB-DST] " Elucidating the community structure of methanogenic archaea in methane hydrates" ( SP-254) Period up to –28th March, 2019 Post Code: SP/254/JRF
3. Group/ Division Bionergy Group
4. Qualifications Essential: M.Sc.- 1st Class M.Sc. in Microbiology
Desirable: (1) CSIR/UGC NET or ICAR-NET or GATE Qualified. (2) Hands on experience in anaerobic Microbiology/ Molecular biology.
5. Monthly stipend Rs.25,000/- + HRA (JRF)
6. Age limit 28 years, relaxation by 5 years for SC, ST and female candidates and & 3 years for OBC candidates.
7. Last date for receipt of application 26/04/2016
8. Display the short list of candidates for interview Will be displayed on Institute website by 29/04/2016 and/ or, candidates will be informed through e-mail.
9. Day, Date & time of Interview 09/05/2016 at 10:00 a.m. Note: No T.A. is admissible for attending interview and selected candidate will have no right for appointment against any ARI or funding agency’s post/s. In case of non-availability of qualified JRF, candidates having M.Sc. degree in the above subjects with at least 55% marks may be considered for Research Studentship @ Rs.23000/- (fixed) p.m. Candidates fulfilling above conditions may apply in the prescribed format available on the Institute’s website http://www.aripune.org., along with self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, caste certificate issued by competent authority (for reserved category) and application fee of Rs.50/-, payable by Demand Draft only in favor of Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, by 26/04/2016.
The prescribed essential qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidate to be called for interview. In case number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the candidates. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.