We are looking for efficient freshers and experienced specialists of Farm Manager, Project Manager, Phytochemist, Biochemist, Tissue Culturist, Biotechnologist, Microbiologist, Pathologist, Fruit Processing Technologist, Home Scientist, Information Technologist, etc having excellent academic records, strong aptitude for R & D and long term interest at this centre to lead the R & D works at our research centre. The posts are only temporary, expected to be continued over years, on daily wage contract basis at Rs.350-500/day depending on the qualifications, experience, expertise and efficiency.
1. Farm/Project Manager should design, set up and manage a world class experimental farm at the centre, supervise the various operations associated with the conduct of field experiments at NAPF, Nadukkara and oversee the overall management of the R & D activities of the research centre and report the progress regularly to the station head. Your B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees must be in Agriculture or Horticulture.
2. Phytochemist/Biochemist should be well-versed with the various analytical procedures for the quality analyses of fruits such as moisture, pH, acidity, reducing, non-reducing & total sugar, TSS, protein, fibre, fat, minerals, vitamins, aminoacids, enzymes, etc and operation of various instruments/equipment used in a chemistry lab. Phytochemist should design, set up and manage a world class Phytochemistry lab at the centre, undertake the regular analytical works in various projects, regularly provide the analytical data and prepare regular reports of various R & D projects. Your B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees must be in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely related chemistry field.
3. Tissue culturist/Biotechnologist should design, set up and manage a world class Tissue Culture lab at the centre, undertake TC production of Banana, Pineapple and Passion fruit and achieve the target production of 30-50 thousand TC plants/year; supervise the biotechnology research work, associate with the overall management of the R & D activities of the centre and report the progress regularly to the station head. The Tissue culturist should be well-versed with the maintenance of a contamination free TC lab; various tissue culture protocols like preparation of explant, inoculation, multiplication, rooting, hardening, etc and operation of various instruments/equipment used in a Biotech lab. Your B.Sc. and M.Sc. must be in Biotechnology.
4. Microbiologist/Pathologist should design, set up and manage a world class Microbiology lab at the centre, culture, identify and develop control measures for the contaminating organisms in the TC lab and maintain it contamination free; supervise the microbiology research work, associate with the overall management of the R & D activities of the centre and report the progress regularly to the station head. The Microbiologist should be well-versed with agricultural microbiology protocols like isolation, culture, identification & control of microorganisms, common pathogens of tropical fruit crops & their control and operation of various instruments/equipment used in a microbiology lab. Your B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees must be in Microbiology or Plant Pathology.
5. Processing/Food Technologist should design, set up and manage a world class Fruit Processing lab with FPO registration at the centre, develop novel recipes and fruit products, undertake regular Fruit Processing tasks in various projects, regularly provide the production status and prepare regular reports of various R & D projects. Your B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees must be in Fruit Processing, Food Science/Technology, Home Science or very related field.
6. Information Technologist should have excellent proficiency in Computer system maintenance, MS Office, desk top publishing (Page maker/In design), web designing (Front page/Dream weaver), photography & photoediting (Photoshop/Corel suite), Videography & video editing (Premier) etc; should design, set up and manage a world class Information Communication System at the centre, develop and manage station events, publications and website.
Essential: Appropriate Degrees, 75% Aggregate Academic Score, Scientific and Technological Know-how, Proficiency in English, Malayalam and Computer
Desirable: Proficiency in English and Malayalam typing
Proficiency in the operation of various specialised laboratory equipment like Gel documentation, ELISA Reader & washer, PCR, UV vis spectrophotometer, UV- Transilluminator, Flame photometer, Centrifuge, Microscopes, Electrophoresis, Shakers, ovens, Precision Weighing balances, Deep freezer, BOD, Laminar Air Flow, still, etc.
Proficiency in Computer - system maintenance, MS Office, desk top publishing (Page maker/In design), web designing (Front page/Dream weaver), photography & photoediting (Photoshop/Corel suite), Videography & videoediting (Premier) etc
Driving licence (both two and four wheeler)
Those who have academic excellence, strong aptitude for Research and Development and long term interest over three years at this centre are always encouraged to join the PRS family. Qualification will not be a bar for capable candidates.
Selection of candidate is a three stage process. Confident and interested candidates having consistently good academic record with more than 75% aggregate score throughout may email to email@example.com(link sends e-mail) their full biodata/resume in the prescribed application format complete in all respects. Local candidates residing within 20 km from PRS, Vazhakulam with an aggregate score of more than 65% can also apply. Those having less than 65% aggregate score throughout their academic life and interest to work for less than two years need not submit resume and try for placement at the centre. Our team will evaluate your application, answers, views and vision. Every application will be evaluated critically, by a committee consisting of the respective head of field, lab, office and station, giving 40% weightage for your academic score and 60% weightage for your general capabilities by awarding marks for each answer in the application form. You will be informed of the results with details as to whether essential qualifications met, your test score, status remarks, qualified for further test or not, and our advice memo. Candidates securing more than 60% will be invited for a written test, discussion and interview to assess the candidate's scientific, technical and managerial capabilities. On receiving the Advice memo/Email invitation, you may personally contact over phone and fix up the date and time of your test and interview at your earliest convenience. You are requested to bring your updated CV/biodata in the prescribed application format in compliance with the job notification when you come for the test and interview. The written test consists of two papers; one subject paper and another general proficiency paper, each carrying 50 marks. Subject paper questions will be of graduate and post graduate level. Common sense questions will be in general proficiency paper. Candidates securing more than 70% combined score in written test and found promising in discussion and interview will be given a chance to prove their expertise, skills and efficiency in our research centre. Desiring and determined candidates can avail up to three attempts, provided they improve the test score at least by 10% every time. Those who prove their mettle and win the competition will be selected. Those who are willing to learn and striving for betterment, that is, striving to do things better and make things better will have plenty of opportunities at the centre. They will climb up the ladder quickly.
Look carefully before you leap. Please read carefully the job notification, understand clearly the selection process, carefully fill up the details, honestly answer all questions and prepare diligently for the competition success. Please visit http://prsvkm.kau.in/basic-page/careers or http://prsvkm.tripod.com/Html/Jobs.htm(link is external) or http://www.kau.edu/prsvkm/Html/Jobs.htm(link is external) for more information on the job and our websites http://prsvkm.kau.in or http://prsvkm.tripod.com(link is external) and www.kau.edu/prsvkm(link is external) to know more about Pineapple Research Station and its R & D goals and activities.
Candidate evaluation, selection and wait listing will be a continuing process at the centre. Desiring determined local candidates can avail any number of attempts, provided they improve the test score at least by 10% every time. Those selected will be fitted in available vacancies. In case of no vacancy, they will be wait-listed. Whenever, a future vacancy arises, they will be considered for the post. You are welcome to this research centre of Kerala Agricultural University any time. But please visit our websites http://prsvkm.kau.in or http://www.kau.edu/prsvkm(link is external)and http://prsvkm.tripod.com(link is external) to know more about Pineapple Research Station and intimate over phone before you come. Whenever, you pass-by Vazhakulam/Muvattupuzha/Thodupuzha please drop in to our station for a friendly discussion. Your constructive comments, suggestions and criticisms are gratefully appreciated and acknowledged as they help us advance in the right direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
Selected candidates have to surrender their original academic certificates, sign an undertaking as per the requirements, terms and conditions stipulated by the Kerala Agricultural University and follow the PRS culture and discipline. They will be under constant watch and vigil by the PRS team. Utmost prudence and diligence need to be exercised in incurring expenditure, just as we do in personal spending. Everybody should work efficiently, save resources and suggest ways and means of increasing income and reducing expenditure. A professional participatory management system is followed to plan and set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals, prioritize, execute, monitor, review, refine, achieve tasks and evaluate performance for the overall development of the station. All will exercise extreme caution and care in handling valuable equipment/items and be most accountable in every activity, especially in financial transactions; keep all files, registers and accounts of the station correct and up-to-date in consultation with the Senior Grade Assistant and the Station Head. Human resource and infrastructure development is an integral part of any professional management system. Everyone should be provided with ample opportunity to acquire excellent personal traits and skills for capacity building. All have to contribute their might in their own capacities for the best development of the station and suggest and practise ways and means of infrastructure development, increasing income, reducing expenditure and improving the status and dignity of the station. Every one should maintain the PRS culture, mutually motivate, receive any one with a smiling face, treat respectfully and allow going satisfied and cheerfully. Always maintain the station clean and tidy, provide excellent quality technologies, products and services to anybody.
PRS Working candidates should form an excellent team, stay always challenged, stimulated, excited, motivated, driven and task conscious; solve problems, generate new ideas and turn them into practical actions and regularly bring out new technologies, products and services for the benefit of the farming community. They should constantly strive for improving productivity, efficiency and accountability by doing things better and making things better always. They should scientifically generate, systematically organize, store, share and access data ensuring accurate information retrieval at any time by anybody. They should fulfil the entrusted tasks with proper documentation in basic records, field/lab books and computer files and submit them to the Station Head during the last week of every month for enabling the payment of salary in time. They have to prepare and submit to the Station Head a soft copy of comprehensive report of the research and development work done, giving specific highlights at the end of each financial year (April to March) and before they leave the institution. The individual reports will be organized to form the annual research and development report of the station for the financial year in line with the previous years’ R & D Reports. Submission of the soft copy of comprehensive report of the research and development work done and all documents as basic records, field/lab books and computer files is mandatory for returning the surrendered original academic certificates and issuing experience certificate to any candidate. The working candidates should be well acquainted with the annual reports of the station for best research productivity, continuity and creativity.