Scientist @ GE Healthcare, Bangalore, Karnataka
Job Number | 2609469
The role will focus on developing applications and products ideas for the Lifescience product folio -aligned to our strategy of developing products & solutions for the emerging/global markets in the Biopharma / Biotech areas by leveraging the local/global vendor base & also leveraging the knowledge from global teams.
To join the team of Life Sciences, India as Application Scientist. Responsibility includes, executing Life Sciences new product development programs in order to maintain technological edge of GE Healthcare Life Sciences products; develop and run verification & validation protocols to support faster new product introductions (NPI). Work closely with product development teams locally and internationally in a cross-functional environment to ensure development and on-time delivery.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Work in a team environment and contribute in developing a good understanding about the customer requirements and applications on areas of protein purification, down stream process specifically using various filtration technologies.
• Develop protocols and methods for verification and validation the products.
Masters in biotechnology, biochemistry or similar.
• 3-5 years of experience in Protein purification, Down stream processing specifically chromatography and various filtration technologies.
• Hand-on experience on various types of Chromatography and Filtration techniques and handling instruments is a must.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Quality Specific Goals:
1.Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps,
providing solutions when possible.
Prior working knowledge of Fitration techniques and hand-on expertise with filtration equipments is desirable.
• Proven excellence in communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple project simultaneously with cross-functional team in an international environment.