ISCA Best Poster Awards: 2016–2017
To encourage scientists, The Indian Science Congress Association has instituted two Best Poster Awards in each Sections. These awards carry a sum of Rs 5,000 besides a Certificate of Merit.
1. Applications are invited from members (Life, Annual and Student) of the Association who have paid their subscription on or before 15 July 2016.
2. Four copies of full length paper along with four copies of the abstract (not exceeding 100 words) must reach the office of the General Secretary (Membership Affairs) not later than 15 September 2016. At the top of each copy of the paper and its abstract, the name of the Section under which the paper is to be considered should be indicated. For details of Sections see http://www.sciencecongress.nic.in
3. Along with the four copies of paper, four copies of the application form (to be downloaded from ISCA website http://www.sciencecongress.nic.in) with brief bio-data of the candidate (not exceeding 2 pages), full length paper, abstract in the form of a CD must also be sent simultaneously along with the hard copies.
4. The number of authors of each poster submitted for the award shall be limited to two only. The first author of the poster shall be the presenting author. Both the authors should be the members of the Association and have paid their subscription on or before 15 July 2016.
5. The research work should have been carried out in India and this has to be certified by the Head of the institution from where the candidate is applying.
6. The candidate should give an undertaking that the paper being submitted has not been published in any journal or presented in any other Conference/Seminar/Symposium or submitted for consideration of any award.
7. A scientist shall submit only one poster in any one Section (and not a second poster on the same or any other topic in any other Section) for consideration for poster presentation award.
8. A person who has already received ISCA Best Poster Award in any Section once will not be eligible to apply for the above award in the same or any other Section.
9. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
10. Full length papers will be evaluated by experts and 20 posters in each Section will be selected for presentation during 104th Indian Science Congress.
11. The final selection for the awards will be made by a duly constituted committee and the awards will be given during the Valedictory Session of 104th Indian Science Congress session.
12. Applications submitted for the above award will not be returned.
13. The last date for receiving applications for the above award at ISCA Headquarters is 15 September 2016.
All correspondences should be made to: The General Secretary (Membership Affairs) The Indian Science Congress Association 14, Dr Biresh Guha St., Kolkata 700 017 Tel. Nos. (033) 2287-4530/2281-5323 Fax No.91-33-2287-2551 e-mail: email@example.com Website: http://www.sciencecongress.nic.in