NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ROURKELA – 769 008 (ODISHA)
SPONSORED RESEARCH, INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY & CONTINUING EDUCATION
ADVERTISEMENT NO: NITR/SR/LS-TDB/ 110
Applications are invited on prescribed format for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Life Science of the Institute.
1. Name of the Temporary Post : Junior Research Fellow – 01
2. Name of the Research Project : “Taxonomy and diversity of culture-dependent and culture-independent heterotrophic bacteria of Bhitarkanika Mangrove Ecosystem”
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency : Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Government of India
4 Tenure of the Project : 3 Years
5 Tenure of the Assignment : 3 year, extendable annually till completion of project, subject to satisfactory performance.
6 Job Description : Research work & experiments related to the project and enrolment in Ph.D. on the topic of this project work following the Institute’s rule.
7. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship : Rs. 18000/- per month
8. Essential Qualifications and experience : M.Sc./M. Tech in Life Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Marine Biology, Environmental Science, Zoology, Botany or allied subjects with 60% mark with NET/GATE or 65% without GATE/NET.
9. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences : Prior working experience in metagenomic study will be preferred.
10. Accommodation : Bachelor accommodation in the Institute may be provided subject to availability.
11. For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address with an updated Curriculum Vitae: Name : Dr. Surajit Das Address : Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology and Ecology (LEnME) Department of Life Science National Institute of Technology, Rourkela-769 008 Tel. No : 9556425605, 0661-2462684 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Eligible persons may apply in the prescribed format (available in the Institute Website) affixed with colored photographs to be submitted in duplicate along with photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., to Asst. Registrar, SRICCE, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela–769 008 on or before 20.05.2016. The cover should be super- scribed clearly the post applied for & Name of the Project. Shortlisted candidates will be informed for the date of interview. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project. Asst. Registrar (SRICCE) Copy to : 1) All Heads of the Departments, NIT, Rourkela for publication on Departmental Notice Boards. 2) Prof. Surajit Das, Principal Investigator with a request to give wide publicity to advertisement. 3) Head of the Department, LS. 4) Project file.