Advt. No.: RGIPT/RBL/Faculty/01/2016
The Government of India, through the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG), has set up the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli, U.P. on the lines of IITs under the Act of Parliament 54/2007 with an empowerment to award degrees and conduct front-end research. RGIPT is promoted by six leading Oil PSUs (ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL) in India, in association with Oil Industrial Development Board (OIDB) and is positioned as a World Class Institution.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals, including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and foreign nationals¹ for the posts of Professor (P), Associate Professor (ASP), Assistant Professor in the regular cadre (AP) and Assistant Professor (on Contract) (APC), and for Other positions (OP)2[Distinguished Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Honorary Faculty, Visiting Faculty, Joint Appointment with Industry, Faculty on Deputation, and Faculty on Contract] in the Departments of Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, as well as in a core subject group of Computer Science, Geology, Geophysics, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biological Science, Humanities and Social Science (Economics, Psychology, English, Sociology, Philosophy, etc).
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout (also see the notes below). In addition, for:
Professor: A minimum of 10 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least four years should be at the level of Associate Professor or equivalent.
Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
Assistant Professor: Regular appointment can be made for those with three or more years of teaching / research / industrial experience.
Assistant Professor (on Contract): For a fresh PhD, the position will be on contract basis for the first three years, and will be regularized afterwards through the statutory selection committee
The institute is committed in compliance with the reservation policy as per the Government of India rules.
¹Foreign national means a person who does not have either an Indian passport, or a PIO/OCI card. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual appointment for up to five years. The appointment can be renewed thereafter.
2These ‘other’ positions do not necessarily require a PhD, but experience is given a big credit. Emoluments for these will be decided liberally and on a case to case basis.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION IN VARIOUS DISCIPLINES
Petroleum Engineering: Reservoir Engineering and Simulation, Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Completion and Workover Operations, Facilities Engineering, Natural Gas Engineering, Unconventional energy sources, Petroleum/Energy Economics and other newer areas.
Chemical Engineering: Chemical Reaction Engineering, Thermodynamics, Catalysis, Transport Phenomena, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Rheology, Separation Processes, Process Dynamics and Control, Simulation and Optimization, Computer-aided Design, Petroleum Refining Operations, Process Intensification, Plant Design, Chemical Process Safety, Molecular Modeling and Simulation, Nano Technology, and all other emerging areas.
Mechanical Engineering: Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Energy Systems, Manufacturing and Mechanical Design, System Dynamics and Control, Solar Energy, and all other emerging areas.
Geology and Geophysics: Stratigraphy and Sedimentology, Structural Geology, Petroleum Geology, Gravity and Magnetics, Exploration Seismology, Rock Physics, Well Log Analysis
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biological Science with relevance in the areas of Petroleum and Chemical engineering.
Management: Business Strategy, Managerial Accounting, Finance, Operations Management, Economics, Marketing, Businesses Communications, Organizational Behavior and HRM, Policy Issues.
HSS: Economics, Psychology, English, Sociology, Philosophy etc.
The details of Pay band and Grade Pay are given below (as per IIT Pay Scales):
Minimum Pay fixed
Assistant Professor (on Contract)
(Minimum Pay + AGP=Basic Pay)
Pay of Assistant Professor (On Contract): Initially PB3: Rs. 15600-39100 with seven non-compounded advance increments. (Minimum Basic + AGP: Rs. 20140+ Rs. 6000). After completion of one year the AGP will be increased to Rs. 7000).
The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Rae Bareli. The fringe benefits, such as HRA, LTC, medical re-imbursement, education allowance for children, reimbursement of telephone bills, book grants, financial support towards national and international conferences etc shall be permitted as per the Institute norms.
HOW TO APPLY :
Application forms can be filled in online available on the institute websitehttp://www.rgipt.ac.in. The form duly filled should be submitted online and a copy should be sent by electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received up to June 10, 2016 shall be considered for the first phase of recruitment.
(Please note that this is a Rolling Advertisement and therefore, applicants can send their application at any time. Depending upon RGIPT needs and availability of suitable candidates, interviews will be conducted periodically)
NOTES AND GUIDANCE FOR APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- Experience in the domain areas of the RGIPT is desired. The domain areas include all aspects of Petroleum (Oil & Gas) upstream, midstream and downstream, non- conventional energy sources.
- List your proposed, ongoing and completed research projects.
- Write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue. List national and international conferences you have attended and your role in them.
- If physically challenged, please provide all the details with relevant certificates. The faculty and staff positions call for training at the operating oil production units, onshore and offshore, and refineries for all disciplines.
- Institute reserves the rights to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- It should be noted that the mere possession of minimum qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The institute may restrict the number of such candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience, which may be higher than the essential qualifications prescribed here in above.
- Attempt will be made to invite each short-listed candidate for a day’s visit to deliver a seminar and discuss teaching and research plans. For the purpose, you shall be provided Air ticket (Economy class) within India arranged by RGIPT.
- All positions are open to Indian Nationals, NRIs (as per Government regulations).
- All positions are also open to foreign nationals on a contractual basis that can be renewed with mutual consent. Government of India approval and visa regulations will apply.
- The selection committee at its discretion may relax the minimum requirements in case of outstanding candidates for each of the posts advertised.
- Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation at entry level will be applicable as per Government of India norms.
- We have very liberal rules related to Exchange visits with other institutions, Sabbatical and consultancy, etc. A very strong research ambiance is planned along with National and International conferences.
- Higher initial pay to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates may be considered.
- Candidates in India, if invited, have to personally appear for interview, while those abroad may be interviewed by audio/video link. Candidates invited for interview shall be provided Economy Class air ticket within India from place of duty/residence or the nearest airport to city of interview and back by the shortest route. Boarding and lodging will be provided by the institute.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions should send their applications through proper channel else they will be required to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer at the time of interview.
- RGIPT provides ample opportunities for both fundamental and applied research, development and consulting. The funding for R&D will, to a significant extent, be from Oil and Gas companies, MoPNG and the usual funding agencies like DST,DBT, CSIR as well as Global Foundations and International Agencies. A substantial initial grant for R&D would be provided by RGIPT on approval by B.O.G. We would specially encourage joint research with other colleagues at RGIPT and other institutions nationally and internationally.