Dr. Ch. Sasikala PhD
Bacterial Discovery Laboratory
Centre for Environment
Institute of Science and technology (IST)
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
Hyderabad. – 500 085
Telephone: [O] +91-40-23158661(3480)
Ref: 1087/CHS/MoES drugs/CEN/IST/JNTUH/2016 Dt : 6-6-2016
Applications are invited for the following project position in the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India sponsored project “Marine anaerobic bacterial diversity for the production of antimicrobials” (Development of potential drugs from sea)” which is upto 31 March, 2017 from qualified candidates. Candidates interested are requested send an application in the prescribed format latest by 30-6-2016. Interivews are likely to be in the second week of July.
It may be noted that this not a job, but an opportunity to do research, leading to PhD.
Qualification & Experience
Pay per month
For JRF: Masters degree (M. Sc or M.Tech) in any branch of Life/ Chemical Sciences
(Env. Biotech./ Plant Sciences (Botany)/ Animal Sciences (Zoology)/ Microbiology/
Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Biochemistry/ Env. Sciences/ Org. Chemistry).
Preference will be given to candidates who have qualified UGC & CSIR-NET/ GATE/ ICMR/ DBT-JRF/ ICAR & other National Eligibility Test
For SRF, above qualifications with 2 years of research experience is essential.
as per the rules of the funding agency
*PROFORMA OF APPLICATION FOR THE POST JRF
1 Name in full & sex :
2. Date of birth :
3. Father’s name :
4. Address for correspondence :
With telephone number and
5. Permanent address :
Degree & year
% of marks
6. Educational qualifications form SSC/ 10th class or equivalent with degree, University,
year & percentage of
7. Whether you have qualified any National Eligibility Test :
(JRF or lecturership) of CSIR/ UGC
Or GATE conducted by HRD or
8. If yes for 8, enclose NET/ GATE : Certificate enclosed/ Not enclosed
Eligibility certificate/ Score card
Year of passing and valid till :
9. Research/work experience after M.Sc/M.Tech.
No. of years of Experience : From……………to……….
Field experience, if any :
Whether any papers have been :
Your reasons to leave the present position: .
10. Write a few words about your
Interest in research :
11. How many hours in a day can :
you devote for research?
12. Are you prepared to stay without :
13. Are you preparing or having plans to:
prepare for competitive exams like
TOEFL/GRE/civil services/bank/groups, etc.
14. Your hobbies :
15. Marital status : Married/ unmarried
16. Do you know computers and typing? : Yes/ No
17. If yes, for 17, give details :
18. Any other information you wish to provide:
Date…………… Candidate’s Signature
*This is only a format. You can either fill in this or use it as a template for giving the details.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Only eligible candidates are required to apply and will be allowed to attend the interview.
2. The contract is purely temporary and initially only for a period of 6 months but extendable if the work is found satisfactory till the completion of the project.
3. JRF candidate admitted in the scheme is expected to join Ph. D programme.
4. Candidates have to fully devote their time for the project work and are not allowed to join any other course or job (part/full time).
5. Maximum age limit is 28 years. Exemption applicable as per government of India guidelines.
6. Candidates who wish to leave the project in between have to inform the PI in writing at least 3 months before or till other personnel is employed in the project, whichever is earlier.
7. Selection will be made purely as per the MoES and University guidelines subject to approval by MoES.
8. No TA/DA will be paid for either attending the interview or while joining the project.
9. Completed applications in the prescribed proforma can be mailed.
10. Address for Correspondence:
Dr. Ch. SASIKALA,
CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENT,
IST, JNT UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD,
HYDERABAD –500 085.
11. Interview for selected candidates will be in the second week of July, 2016 at Centre for Environment, III floor, old IST, (opposite State Bank of Hyderabad) JNTU Kukatpally Hyderabad. Selected candidates have to appear before the selection committee with all relevant documents/certificates in original and if selected, should join the project immediately.
12. If any false information is provided by the candidates and is found guilty, necessary action will be taken and the candidate has to refund all the payments made to him/her.