AGRICULTURAL SCIENTISTS RECRUITMENT BOARD
(INDIAN COUNCIL OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH)
F.No. 1(3)/2016-Exam.II Dated the 3rd June, 2016
NOTIFICATION NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET-1)-2016
1. The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) will hold NET(I)-2016 Examination during 01.08.2016 to 06.08.2016 in Online mode at 23 Centres across India in a staggered slot-wise examination format as per the Rules and Scheme of Examination indicated in this notification. Online registration for the examination shall start from 1000 hrs on 05.06.2016 till 1700 hrs on 01.07.2016. Candidates are advised to read the notification carefully before filling the Online Application Form.
2. National Eligibility Test (NET) is a qualifying examination for determining eligibility for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other Agricultural Universities (AUs). Candidates clearing the National Eligibility Test will be eligible to apply for the post of Lecturers or Assistant Professors in the SAUs/AUs. NET certificates will be issued by the ASRB to the qualified candidates to enable them to apply against vacancies to be notified or advertised by the State Agricultural Universities/Agricultural Universities. SAUs/AUs will satisfy themselves with regard to fulfilment of prescribed eligibility condition/criterion for requisite posts of Lecturers/ Assistant Professors including authenticity of the NET Certificate in the possession of the candidates.
3. CENTRES:- The centres of NET (I) - 2016 Examination where the examination will be conducted in Online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode are mentioned in APPENDIX - I. The Centres and date(s) of holding the Examination as mentioned above could be changed at the discretion of ASRB. Candidates must select the centre of examination carefully. No request for change of centre would be entertained.
4. PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
A candidate must possess a Master's degree or equivalent in the concerned Discipline and specialization completed on or before 01.08.2016 from any Indian University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or he/she must have qualification from a foreign University recognized as equivalent by the Government of India (Gol). The list of Disciplines and its prescribed educational qualifications are as given in APPENDIX - II.
5. AGE LMIT:- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as on 01.08.2016. There is no upper age limit for the National Eligibility Test.
6. APPLICATION FEE: - Details of Application fee to be paid:
OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List (as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non-Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
Transaction charges for Debit Card/Credit Card/NEFT/ payment, as the case may be, have to be borne by the candidate. The fee must be paid online through the website: http://www.asrb.org.in
i. For Online payment : Payment can be made through Debit Card/Credit Card from any Bank from 1000 hrs on 05.06.2016 to 1700 hrs on 01.07.2016.
ii. Payment using the online Challan generated (in case of payment to be made using Challan) can be made in any of the branches of the Syndicate Bank (list of the branches of Syndicate Bank can be obtained from the Branch locator link on : http://www.syndicatebank.in)
7. PLAN OF EXAMINATION:- The Detailed Plan of Examination is given in APPENDIX- III.
8. RULES OF EXAMINATION:- The Rules of Examination are given in APPENDIX- IV.
9. HOW TO APPLY:- A candidate seeking admission to the Examination must apply online in the prescribed Application Form available on the website: http://www.asrb.org.in
A candidate must read the provisions, contained in this Notification for NET (I) - 2016 Examination carefully and abide by the same. A candidate must fulfil all the conditions of eligibility regarding age limits, educational qualifications, etc. prescribed for admission to the examination. The online Application process will be open from 1000 Hrs on 05 June, 2016 to 1700 Hrs on 01 July, 2016 after which the link will automatically get disabled. The candidates are not required to attach copy of any of the documents /certificates in support of their candidature at the time of submission of online application. However, 3 the candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Board at any stage, including after declaration of result, their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. No request for change in any field i.e., Centre of Examination, Discipline, Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, E-mail Id, Mobile No., Phone No., Category, Medium of Examination etc. will be considered under any circumstances except bonafide spelling mistakes, etc. Candidates are therefore advised to be very careful while filling up their application form.