AVRDC-The World Vegetable Center is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research and development center with headquarters in Taiwan and regional offices around the globe. AVRDC conducts research and development to contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world. AVRDC is seeking anEntomologist, who will be based at its Regional Office in the ICRISAT Campus, Hyderabad, India to work in an ACIAR funded project. This position is open for Indian nationals only.
- Conduct laboratory, glasshouse and field experiments on screening for pest resistance/tolerance in legumes
- Coordinate multi-locational field trials on screening for pest resistance in legumes
- Data collection and collation and maintenance of databases
- Preparation of research reports and papers
- Conduct research work activities as part of a multidisciplinary team
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Entomology or a related field with a good academic record;
- At least five years of extensive experience in laboratory, glasshouse and field screening for pest resistance;
- Sound knowledge of experimental designs;
- Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The appointment: The position will be initially for two years with the possibility of extension depending upon work performance, and funding availability. An attractive all-inclusive lump sum compensation will be offered with medical and accidental insurance coverage.
How to Apply: Applicants should apply on or before 30th June,2016, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.