PHD ADMISSION NOTIFICATION-AUTUMN SEMESTER 2016- 17
Applications are invited from eligible male and female candidates for admissions to full time and part time PhD program in following area of specialization for the autumn semester of the academic year 2016- 2017.
Sl. No Area of Research
05 Food & Nutrition
09 Physical Chemistry
10 Inorganic Chemistry
11 Organic Chemistry
12 Political Science
18 Garment Production & Export Management
A candidate should possess Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) in the related subject area from any recognised university.
2. Selection Procedure:
Admission through Research Entrance Test [RET] followed by an interview.
Due weightage may be given for PG marks
Those who cleared NET/ SLET/ MPhil [Full time from a recognized university] will be exempted from Research Entrance Test but they have to appear for interview.
3. Structure of Research Entrance Test [RET]
The entrance test shall be of one hour duration (i.e. 60 minutes) and of 60 marks consisting of 60 objective types of questions
The entrance test will have two sections (administered in one go), as mentioned here under:
Section-I (General): Section 1 shall be common to all the Applicants for testing the General Knowledge & Research Aptitude, covering questions from following area:
General Awareness/English Language/Logical Reasoning/Quantitative Analysis/Data Analysis and Interpretation
Questions: 20 questions of master’s level of 01 mark each, Weightage: 20 marks
Section-II (Program Specific): Section 2 shall be Program/Subject Specific i.e. as per proposed Ph.D. subject of the applicant
Questions: 40 questions of master’s level of 01 mark each, Weightage: 40 marks
4. How to Apply
- Option 1: To make online submission of Application form. Visit http://mody.servergi.com:8088/olamody/Student/Welcome
- Option2: Download PDF Application form from the website and send filled in form along with a demand draft of Rs. 600/-drawn in favour of “MUST-CASH”
- Option3: Send demand draft for Rs. 600/- drawn in favour of MUST-CASH, payable at Lakshmangarh or Sikar along with complete postal address on a separate sheet of paper to: Dean, College of Arts, Science and Humanities, Mody University of Science and Technology, Lakshmangarh, Dist. Sikar, Rajasthan 332311, India.
- Option4: Prospectus and Application Form can also be obtained in person upon payment of Rs. 600/- in cash from MUST-CASH office.
5. Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of application at the University CASH Office: 25/07/2016
- Date for Research Entrance Test and Interview: 06/08/2016
6. Fees Structure
Kindly go to the link: Fee Structure
7. Important information for candidates
- No admit card will be sent.
- The selection procedure and declaration of result may involve 1-2 days. If offered admission the candidates will be required to join immediately. The candidates are advised to come prepared accordingly.
- Part-time Ph.D. scholars will have to reside in Lakshmangarh for a period of not less than 6 months for completing the pre-PhD course work.
- Candidates must provide correct email address as all information related to admission shall be communicated through email only.
- Candidates are advised to check their mail or be in touch with the research section.
8. Contact numbers: