Recruitment of Research Associates for Marine BioResource Centre
Introduction The state of Gujarat has the longest coastline amongst the coastal states of the country, and has been blessed with a rich marine biodiversity all along the coast. The coastline has two major gulfs, which house a large number of animal and plant diversity. Gulf of Kachchh has the unique diversity of corals, sponges, marine fishes, seaweeds, unique phytoplanktons and many others. Gulf of Khambhat has rich mangrove diversity, and the mangrove ecosystem supports a large number of species, like fishes, crabs and other crustaceans. To be able to study, conserve and harvest the nuances of these varied and unique ecosystems of the marine environment, Govt. of Gujarat, under the aegis of Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission, established a Marine BioResource Centre (MBRC) in 2009.
MBRC is housed in the Gujarat Ayurved University campus, Jamnagar, and has been closely working on projects based on the marine bioresources of the Gujarat coast. MBRC needs to expand its work in newer areas of marine bioresource and hence is in the process of recruitment of manpower, with expertise in different areas of biological research. The positions needed for the centre, are, Research Associates in the field of Biological Sciences.
2. Key Activities and Responsibilities of the Research Associate
1. Develop minimum two (2) research projects in the area of Marine Biotechnology
2. Present and defend the projects before the Research Advisory Committee of MBRC
3. Advertise and conduct the procedure of recruitment of Junior Research Fellows
4. Supervise the projects till the completion
5. Supervising the ongoing projects wherever and whenever needed
6. Content preparation and designing information brochures for general public, marine biotech communication etc.
7. Conduct awareness generation programs of Marine Biotechnology for the stakeholders of biotechnology
8. Actively involve in tendering and other administrative processes of the Centre
9. Research Associates selected in Position RA 3 will have to develop and maintain the marine microbial bank facility, under MBRC
10. Participating in all activities of GSBTM, whenever needed.
11. Any other work deemed appropriate by the Director, MBRC.
3. Address for Submission of Applications Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission, 11th Block, 9th Floor, Udyog Bhavan, Sector-11, Gandhinagar – 382 017.
4. Location of Work and Laboratory Marine Bioresource Centre, Room No. 52, Dhanvantri Mandir, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar.
5. Eligibility of Applicant Ph.D. in the relevant areas, as mentioned below or Post Graduation with minimum 3 years of experience in the relevant areas, as mentioned below: Please attach detailed Curriculum Vitae, which includes the details of technical work.
1. Research Associate (Project based) 1
24000 + 20% HRA 23000 + 20% HRA
Ph.D. in any branch of biological sciences with specialization in algology/phytoplanktons OR Post Graduation in any branch of biological sciences with 3 years research experience in the field of algalogy/ phytoplanktons
3. Research Associate (Project based) 1
24000 + 20% HRA 23000 + 20% HRA <35
Ph.D. in any branch of biological sciences with specialization in bioinformatics OR
Post-Graduation in any branch of biological sciences with 3 years research experience in bioinformatics
6. Desirables Research Fellows shall necessarily need to have very good comprehension abilities, good communication skill, good technical know-how and ability to excel in spite of multi-tasking environment. Candidates interested to work sincerely & arduously for the entire tenure may apply.
7. Last date for receipt of Application 5 th September, 2016. Application has to reach in 6 copies, with one copy of self-attested certificates. Form received other than the prescribed format will be rejected. Application forms without photograph or signature or any other such vital information, will be rejected. Inscribe the envelope with ‘The NAME OF THE POSITION as per column 7 of the TABLE’. Applicants applying for more than one position should submit separate application in a separate envelope inscribed with ‘The NAME OF THE POSITION as per column 7 of the TABLE’.
8. Date of Interview Will be intimated by e-mails or phone to the shortlisted candidates. Applicant can be called for the interview for one or all the positions he/she has applied for.
9. Place of Interview Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission, 11th Block, 9th Floor, Udyog Bhavan, Sector-11, Gandhinagar – 382 017.
10. Tenure of the Project 11 months (Contractual), extendable by next tenure based on performance and need of MBRC.
11. Fellowship INR 24,000 + HRA for Ph.D. candidates and 23,000 + HRA for Post Graduates with 3 years of experience, as per the older scale. Upgradation is subject to approval by Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of Gujarat)
12. Disclaimer The decision of Director, MBRC will be final if at all any dispute arises in the recruitment process of Research Associate in MBRC. Director, MBRC has a final authority to postpone, cancel or re-schedule the interview or the positions.