12 April 2017
Hyderabad Eye Research Foundation
L V Prasad Eye Institute
Research Positions Available
Hyderabad Eye Research Foundation (HERF) which is the research arm of the L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad (LVPEI) is a DBT Centre of Excellence for Translational Research on Eye Diseases. We are empowered with basic research scientists and clinical faculties working in all areas of eye biology and vision, with graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Our research is funded by DBT/DST/CSIR/ICMR as well as international agencies such as the Wellcome Trust, Champalimaud Foundation Portugal, NIH USA and several bi-national collaborative programmes. We are recognized by the University of Hyderabad, Manipal University and BITS-Pilani for the Ph.D. degree programme.
We are looking for research personnel in the areas of interest given below. Positions are available for immediate recruitment, and will be filled following interviews.
Sl. No. Position Qualification Experience
1. Post-doctoral Fellow/ Research Associate* Ph.D. Ph.D. in microbiology with experience in DNA sequence analysis
2. Junior Research Fellows* M.Sc. Fresh or 1 year experience preferred
3. Project Fellows* M.Sc. Fresh or 1 year experience preferred
4. Technician B.Sc., MLT/DMLT Fresh or 1 year experience
*Candidates having their own fellowship (Post-doctoral/CSIR/UGC/ICMR-NET–JRF or lectureship) would be preferred.
Areas of research interests are
1. Genomics, Transcriptomics and Proteomics (a) Biomarker for diabetic retinopathy and other age-related eye diseases (b) Role of vitreo-macular adhesions in AMD (c) Understanding the genetics of rare eye diseases by exome sequencing analysis (d) Genetic analysis of hereditary retinal and corneal disorders (e) Genetics of ocular tumors
2. Biochemistry (a) Evaluation of cell signaling pathways in corneal endothelial dystrophy. (b) Antimicrobial peptide mediated ocular host defense in corneal infection.
3. Cell Biology and Stem Cell Biology: (a) Ex-vivo Cultivated Limbal Stem Cell Transplantation for treatment of corneal pathologies (b) Study the biology of corneal epithelial regeneration (c) Development of biomaterials for cell therapy of corneal diseases (d) Characterization of biomaterials for tissue regeneration (e) Development of novel ECM mimetic peptides for tissue regeneration (f) Screening for drugs that target cancer stem cells of retinoblastoma
4. Microbiology (a) Characterization of clinical isolates of fungi (Candida sps./Pythium sp.) (b) In vitro and in vivo pathogenesis studies of fungal isolates (c) Antimicrobial susceptibility of fungal and bacterial clinical isolates (d) Molecular diagnostics of ocular infections (e) The gut microbiome and ocular diseases (f) Understanding the human gut and eye ‘Virome’
For further details on the research work, list of publications and other relevant matters kindly visit our website www.lvpei.org, and click on ‘research’.
Please send your detailed CV and research interest to Elena, Assistant Director-BHERC, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Road Number 2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500 034; e-mail ID: email@example.com on or before 10 May 2017