Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON)
(A Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Govt. of India)
Anaikatty Post, Coimbatore – 641 108, Tamil Nadu
Advt. No. : SACON/SELECTION, 02/2016
Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India requires 02 Scientists (GENERAL) in the pay scale of Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 + 6,600 (PB-3).
Scientist (Conservation Ecology)
Essential Qualifications & Experience: i) Ph.D. from a recognized university in any branch of life / environmental sciences related to wildlife ecology and conservation, ii) a minimum of five years of post-M.Sc., research experience in relevant field, and iii) a good track record of research supported by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Desirable: Expertise in field ecological studies that may include population ecology / habitat ecology / human-wildlife conflicts; familiarity with ecological data analysis and interpretation.
Tasks & Responsibilities: To develop research programmes in Conservation Ecology, raise funds for the activities of the division, work in multidisciplinary research projects, develop interdivisional programmes, linkages with other organizations and contribute to institutional activities of SACON.
- Salary, allowances and other benefits such as CPF, Medical reimbursement, gratuity and LTC will be as per SACON rules.
- Appointment will be on contract basis for a period of five years and continuance of the same will be based on performance.
- Age of the applicants should not be more than 35 years as on the last date for receiving applications. Relaxation in age limit is available as per existing Govt. of India rules.
- Neatly typed application on the prescribed form with self-attested copies of testimonials of academic qualifications, research experience, date of birth etc., should reach “The Director, Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Anaikatty Post, Coimbatore – 641108 (Tamil Nadu)” on or before 18.09.2016. Applications not received in the prescribed form are liable to be rejected. Candidates, who wish to apply for both the positions, should submit separate applications. The envelope containing application should be superscribed with “Application for the post of Scientist (Conservation Ecology) / (EIA)”. Applications received without self-attested copies of supporting documents and/or incomplete in any other respects shall not be considered. No original documents should be sent with applications, and they should be produced only at the time of interview.
- SACON will decide the cut-off point for calling candidates for interview based on academic qualifications, professional experience, and age.
- Candidates, employed with other institutions/organizations/firms should send their applications through proper channel and should produce `No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview. In such cases, an advance copy of the application in personal capacity may be sent.
- Canvassing in any form is liable to immediate rejection of the candidature, and Director, SACON reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.