CENTRE FOR RESEARCH IN MEDICAL ENTOMOLOGY
(Indian Council of Medical Research)
4, Sarojini Street, Chinna Chokkikulam
Madurai - 625 002
Applications are invited for filling up of the following scientific positions at CRME, Madurai. Last date of receiving application at CRME, Madurai is: 17.10.2016
1. Scientist 'B' (Non Medical) - 1 Post (UR) in Pay Band-3 of Rs.15600-39100 +Grade Pay Rs. 5400 plus usual allowance (as per 61 h CPC) admissible as per rules of ICMR at CRME, Madurai.
Essential Qualifications: 1st class Master's degree m Life Science/Zoology/Genetics/Biotechnology/Microbiology from a recognized University
2nd Class M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in one of the above subjects from a recognized University
(i) Two years or more R&D/ teaching experience in molecular entomology/ ecological genetics/parasite genomics/ molecular epidemiology of vector borne diseases/ genetics of insect behaviour/ functional genomics/ gene editing technologies after obtaining one of the abovementioned essential qualifications.
(ii) Ph. D./ M. Tech. degree in molecular entomology/ molecular parasitology.
(iii) Knowledge of computer applications and handling of bioinformatics tools, especially DNA sequence data analysis
(iv) High quality research publications in internationally reputed journals.
To plan, formulate and carry out research work on dengue/ chikungunya/ malaria and other vector borne diseases and carry out field research work and any other work assigned by the Director.
Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years as on the last date of receipt of the application. Relaxable up to 5 years for applicants currently working in government organizations in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) from time to time in this regard.
2. Scientists 'C' (Non- Medical): 1 post (UR)
Pay Band-3 ofRs.15600-39100 +Grade Pay Rs. 6600 plus usual allowance (as per 61 h CPC) admissible as per rules of ICMR at CRME, Madurai.
A) First Class Master's degree in Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Genetics/ Molecular Biology/
Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics from a recognized University
Second Class M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in one of the above subjects from a recognized
B) Four years of R&D/ teaching experience m molecular aspects of malaria/ dengue/
chikungunya and other vector borne diseases from a recognized institute/ university after obtaining one of the above degrees.
1. Ph. D./ M. Tech. degree in the field of malaria/ dengue/ chikungunya or other vector borne diseases with several research publications in high impact journals as first author.
2. Additional postdoctoral research/ teaching experience from recognized institute in molecular population genetics/ bioinformatics/ DNA sequence data analysis.
3. Knowledge of computer applications and handling of bioinformatics tools/ data analyses.
4. Experience in handling and analyzing genomic data/ comparative genomics/ phylogenetics/molecular taxonomy as evidenced by high quality publications.
To Plan, formulate and carry out research work on malaria/ dengue/ chikungunya and other vector borne diseases, to supervise research work and carry out any other work assigned by the Director.