DST Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Nano Science & Technology Overseas Visiting Fellowships
Applications are invited for the award of “Nano-Science & Technology Overseas Visiting Fellowships” for pursuing post-doctoral research in frontier areas of Nano-Science & Technology. The fellowships are awarded under the Mission on Nano-Science & Technology (Nano Mission) of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. The Fellowship will enable selected Indian researchers in conducting advanced research or undergoing specialized training in international research laboratories/institutions overseas in the field of Nano-Science & Nano-Technology. Up to about 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.
The Programme aims to build national capacity in frontier areas of Nano- Science and Technology, which are of interest to India by providing postdoctoral fellowship for a period of one year. The applicant should have completed a Ph.D. degree in science and engineering not earlier than three preceding years from recognized institutions in India, those who have submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply. For researchers in regular employment, the three year period could be relaxed up to five years. The Programme allocates the selected candidates in identified areas and sends them to top institutions around the globe and also to institutions where internationally acclaimed scientists in similar areas are working. The applicant should himself/herself correspond with the proposed host institution abroad for their postdoctoral work. He/she is required to produce a proposal of research to be carried out during the fellowship period, a letter of acceptance from the host institution, and merits/uniqueness of that host institute and the host group in the proposed area.
- To build national capacity in the frontier areas of Nano-science and Technology which are of interest to India.
- To tap the expertise gained by these young scientists to strengthen/initiate national programmes in their domain knowledge.
ELIGIBILITY AND OTHER CRITERIA
- The Scheme is open to Indian nationals who have completed their Ph.D. in India only.
The applicant should have completed a Ph.D. degree in science and engineering not earlier than three preceding years from recognized institutions in India, those who have submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The applications should be accompanied by an offer/invitation letter from the host institution and acceptance from the prospective adviser. The letter must mention that the host has reviewed the research proposal and is willing to provide all infrastructural support without any overhead cost, in addition to extending all support for visa in respect of the selected candidates.
- Preference will be given to those who have not availed any postdoctoral position abroad.
- The candidates should request three referees including Ph.D. Supervisor to send or email their letter with confidential evaluation directly to the address given below.
The DST Nano Mission Overseas Visiting Fellowship Committee will select the candidates.
The candidate will be required to submit a concise research proposal in the area of nano-science and technology that he/she would be undertaking in the postdoctoral study.
A selected Fellow will be provided a monthly fellowship of US $ 3000 for one year and one-time contingency allowance of Rs.60,000/- (subject to actual) to cover visa fee, airport transfer charges, medical insurance etc. They will also be provided the shortest route economy-class airfare from their place in India to the place of host institution and back.
The duration of the Fellowship is of one year. No bond needs to be furnished by the candidates. The selected candidates need not be regular employees in Indian institutions.
APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO
The candidates may send the softcopy of the complete application material to: email@example.com addressed to The Senior Administrative Officer, DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship in NST, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064.
Please send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>, if you do not receive the acknowledgement of application within three working days of its submission.
Applications will be received until two months from the date of publication of this advertisement. Those who have applied in response to the previous advertisement need not apply again.
- The application for consideration under the DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship Program (DST OVF) can be submitted only when the call for application is made.
- The application should be prepared and submitted strictly according to the formats prescribed in this document (Annexure I).
- The duration of the fellowship is for a period of one year.
- For scientists in regular employment, rules governing payment of salary, leave, medical, gratuity, GPF and pension etc. of the organization/ institution/ university to which the fellow belongs would continue to be applicable. No liability on any of these accounts will be borne.
- The candidates selected for the award of the fellowship should commence their research in the overseas institution within three months from the date of the offer letter, and if not, the offer will be automatically stands withdrawn and no correspondence will be entertained thereafter.
- Application from researcher in regular employment should be forwarded through the head of organization/ department where the applicant is employed.
- The candidate should also submit a letter of approval of research plan from the host advisor.
- Copy of acceptance letter from host institution must accompany the application.
- The candidate should make sure to quote the registration number/ letter number (given by JNCSR) in all your future communications.
- The information should be given under each section, even if it is Nil.
- Those who have applied in response to the previous advertisement need not apply again.
The candidates may send the softcopy of the proposal addressed to The Senior Administrative Officer, DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship in NST, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064 complete in all respect to: email@example.com
The envelope containing the proposal should be superscribed with “DST Overseas Visiting Fellowship: 2016-17”
More Info : www.jncasr.ac.in/annview.php?id=699