Research Technician - Rythu Kosam Project
ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic Indian nationals for the position of Research Technician for Rythu Kosam Project – ICRISAT. The position is based in Andhra Pradesh, India. This position reports to Regional Director- Asia.
- Conduct participatory field trials with farmers at Prakasam and Srikakulam Districts in Andhra Pradesh and collect high quality data sets required for scientific research
- Day to day supervision of various activities in the farmers’ fields and collection, compilation and tabulation of data
- Train the farmers/farm facilitators and provide technical support, maintaining improved interventions at benchmark locations
- Record scientific data, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor
- B.Sc (Agri) / B.Sc in Biological Sciences / Graduate from any stream with essential knowledge of agricultural crops, livestock with first class
- Proficiency in English and Telugu (written and spoken)
- Person with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Fluent in English and local language
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, data analysis)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
The position is for Two year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 13-November-2016, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.