University of Hyderabad
Repository of Tomato Genomic Resources
Department of Plant Sciences
Associate Professor in Tomato Functional Genomics (Temporary)
At the Repository of Tomato Genomics Resources (http://rtgr.webs.com/), we are working on Tomato Functional Genomics, using TILLING, Insertional Mutagenesis, Exome Capture, Genome Editing, Proteomics and Metabolomics approaches to study fruit ripening in tomato. The current aims of the group include using reverse and forward genetics strategies to isolate tomato mutants delayed in ripening, having high lycopene and folate content in tomato fruits and analysis of light and hormonal signal transduction pathways. The Repository of Tomato Genomics Resources invites applications for an Associate Professor position in Tomato Functional Genomics in DBT Centre of Excellence and Innovation in Biotechnology (CEIB) with "Program Support on Genome Engineering of Tomato". The position is purely temporary in the nature and is co-terminus with the expiry of the project, The candidate selected for Associate Professor will be paid a consolidated salary of ₹ 1,15,180/- p.m. only. The in-service candidates must apply for this position through proper channel.
The candidate has to work on Genome Engineering of Tomato using experimental approach involving genome editing and exome capture for manipulating the metabolic pathways for improving shelf life and nutrition of tomato. The candidate should have experience in characterization of metabolic pathways and regulatory networks in tomato using the mutants and reverse genetic tools such as TILLING/EcoTILLING. The candidate is expected to have record of publication excellence and ability to work with a team.
The candidate should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae with name of email ids of three referees, a research statement, and copies of at least five publications concerning tomato functional genomics in International journals with impact factor above four. The candidate should meet the essential qualifications described by UGC for the Associate Professor given below:
Essential qualifications for Associate Professor
1. Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines (Plant sciences/ Biochemistry/ Plant molecular biology).
2. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) (Plant Sciences/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology)
3. A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers
4. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching/learning process with evidence of having guided two or more doctoral candidates and research students.
5. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in UGC (4th Amendment) Regulations, 2016.
6. The candidate should have research experience in Tomato Functional Genomics. The completed applications in the enclosed form should be sent to following address on or before 30th November by the speed post. Prof. RP Sharma Repository of Tomato Genomics Resources Dept of Plant Sciences University of Hyderabad Hyderabad-500046 India
More Info :
Don't forget to mention helpBIOTECH when applying