1 Engagement Positions Project Biologist (One position)
2 Essential Qualification (EQ) Masters’ Degree in (Life Sciences/Ecology/Forestry/ Statistics/ Experimental Biology/Environmental Sciences/Biological Sciences/Wildlife Science or any comparable discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from a recognized University
3 Desirable Qualification (DQ) (1) prior research and/or field experience in Wildlife Sciences with keen interest on Birds (2) interest in scientific work, high motivation, very good organisational skills and interest to work in interdisciplinary team (3) must possess good articulation and written communication skills in English (4) must be able to do field work in remote and harsh field conditions.
4 Work description The study aims to determine the avian species diversity patterns, identify the determinants of bird species richness, habitat utilization pattern by birds, assess the effect of anthropogenic pressure and prepare a conservation plan for avifauna in Sahyadri Tiger Reserve.
5 Duration 11 months
6 Location of Project site Sahyadri Tiger Reserve
7 Age The upper age limit for Project Biologist shall be 32. Age relaxation: upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST/OBC, Women and persons with disabilities
8 Emoluments 25000 (Consolidated)
9 Funding agency Sahyadri Tiger Reserve Foundation
1. The candidate interested for personal interview should report by 0930 hrs for scrutiny of documents on 20 April 2017 followed by an Interview on the same day at 1100 hrs at WII, Dehradun.
2. The candidate may opt for interview via Skype should send their application, copies of educational certificates, extra curricular activities and date of birth certificates (soft copy) to Dr. Gopi.G.V, Scientist E, through email at (email@example.com) before 16 th April, 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated for Skype interview, which will be on 20th April 2017 at 11 am onward. His/her selection would be confirmed after verifying their certificates in original.
3. Candidates who appear interview in person at Dehra Dun should bring the duly filled in application with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications along with certificate of extracurricular activities; date of birth, mark sheets of all examinations etc. All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of registration for necessary verification.
4. No TA/DA and accommodation will be provided for attending the interview.
5. The application form can be downloaded from the Institutes website