PhD 2012 Admissions @ Bangalore University
Applications for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the prescribed form are invited by Bangalore University from the eligible candidates who are required to appear for entrance test on 04-12-2011 (Sunday).
DEPARTMENTS AND SUBJECTS:
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
17 Applied Genetics
25 Environmental Science
30 Microbiology & Biotechnology
34 Sericulture Life Science
38 Molecular Biology
RESEARCH CENTER: St. Joseph's college:
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO Ph.D. COURSE:
(a) A candidate who has obtained a Master’s Degree from Bangalore University or any University/institution in the State or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks in the aggregate at the Master’s Degree Course as a whole shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D. Degree Programme. However, in the case of SC/ST and the Category–I candidates, the minimum marks required shall be 50%.
(b) Such of the teachers employed in affiliated colleges before 31.03.1992 and are continuing in service on a regular basis and desirous of registering for the Ph. D Programme shall be permitted for registration having a minimum of 50% marks at the Master’s Degree Course.
(c) A candidate who is qualified as indicated in (a) / (b) above shall be eligible on the basis of an Entrance Test administered by the University i.e., Bangalore University Ph. D Entrance Test (BUPHET), through centralized Examination and Evaluation system. The eligibility list of such candidates shall be prepared by considering of marks scored in Entrance Test only. Minimum passing marks in the Entrance Test for General Merit and SC&ST and Category-I shall be 55% and 50% respectively.
(d) i) Foreign students with 55% marks or equivalent Grade in the recognized degree, sponsored by their Embassies / ICCR and have passed GRE and TOFEL shall be eligible.
Candidates who have passed the NET/SLET/GATE/JRF/ M. Phil degree obtained through regular course work and not through distance education mode or belongs to FIP/QIP Programmes or any other tests/examinations conducted by national bodies and Candidates selected to work under funded projects fulfilling the requirement of eligibility are exempted from entrance examination.
Candidates shall visit and browse the Application Form from the website www.bu-admexam.inor www. attristech.com/bu.
A candidate shall submit duly filled-in application form along with necessary documents and D.D. of Rs.1500/- for Entrance and Rs. 1000/- for non entrance candidates (for SC/ST and Category-I Candidates 50% of the prescribed fee) drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Bangalore University, Bangalore ” to the Registrar (Evaluation), Pareeksha Bhavan, Bangalore University, Bangalore-560056 on or before 21-10-2011.
Completed applications should be enclosed with the following documents:
1. Attested copies of statement of marks of Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree & M.Phil. Part-I & II examinations (wherever applicable)
2. An attested copy of the Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/Category-I/II-A/II-B/III-A/III-B candidates.
3. An attested document pertaining to UGC-JRF / CSIR-JRF/ NET/ SLET/ GATE/ FIP/ QIP/ specialized funded projects/Govt., sponsored foreign students (wherever applicable).
4. However, selected candidates have to submit Migration Certificate and Eligibility Certificate at the time of registration.
5. One separate Passport size photo with name, Application No. & Subject, written on the back side of the photo
Calendar of Events
1) Issue of Application Forms 01-10-2011
2) Last date for the receipt of application 21-10-2011
3) Date of Entrance Test 04-12-2011(Sunday)
4) Announcement of answer key 04-12-2011 (after 7 p. m)
5) Objections, if any, by the candidate for answer key -with reference 05-12-2011 (up to 5 p. m through e-mail to email@example.com)
6) Announcement of the List of Qualified Candidates 07-12-2011
7) Date of Interview/counseling in respective Depts. 12-12-2011 to16-12-2011
8) Last date for admission 23-12-2011