BIOTECH INDUSTRIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (BITP) 2013-14
On behalf of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) is implementing since last 18 years, a scheme of practical industrial training for M.Sc./M.Tech./B.E./B.Tech. Biotechnology students.
The objective of this progamme is to provide industry-specific training to Biotech students for skill development and enhancing their job opportunities in biotech industry. This programme provides an opportunity to Biotech Industry for training and selecting suitable manpower.
The training period is for six months during which a trainee is paid stipend of Rs.8000/- per month and trainer company is paid a bench fee to cover the expenses for providing training. The next batch of training will commence in October.
B.E./B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.V.Sc in Biotechnology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Neuro-Science, Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Bio-process Technology, General/Agricultural/Industrial/Marine/Medical/Pharmaceutical/Environmental/Plant/ Food/Animal Biotechnology from an Indian recognized university with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2012 or 2013 are only eligible to apply.
2. Application procedure:
a. The application would be accepted online only. The last date for submission of application and documents is May 31st, 2013.
b. Applications received after the last date will not be entertained.
c. The non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500 is to be paid online by Debit/Credit card or internet banking.
d. The following documents are to be sent to Mr. Manoj Gupta, Deputy Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), 5th floor, Anuvrat Bhavan, 210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi- 110002.
i. Hard copy of the online submitted application form and payment receipt
ii. Copies of marksheets and degree/provisional certificate of highest degree qualification upto the semester/year for which result has been declared. In case of GPA/CGPA system, a copy of marksheet/official document from University/college indicating the formula to convert grades to percentage must also be sent. All documents should be attested by a gazetted officer.
e. Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following :
i. Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format
ii. Scanned Signature in JPEG format
iii. Scanned documents like latest degree course mark sheets, and degree/provisional certificate of highest degree qualification upto the semester/year for which result has been declared. In case of GPA/CGPA system, a copy of mark sheet/official document from University/college indicating the formula to convert grades to percentage. All documents should be attested by a gazetted officer.
iv. Internet banking or debit/credit card details.
v. Bank account details viz:
1. Name as per bank account records:
2. Name of bank:
3. Bank Branch Address:
4. A/C No.:
5. RTGS/ NEFT IFS Code:
f. The application form will not accept any special characters like: % >< / # , etc.
g. It is mandatory to fill all fields. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
h. Students whose result of last semester/final year is not declared can also apply mentioning their marks upto the semester/year for which the result has been declared. The final result will have to be sent to BCIL as and when received.
3. Online Test:
a) Candidates will be shortlisted through an online test. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
b) Online test would be conducted at centers across the country on July 06th, 2013 in three batches.
c) Applicants have to provide two preferred test centres and based on the seat availability the candidate will be scheduled at either of the preferred test centre.
d) Students whose applications are found to be complete and eligible in all respects will be shortlisted for online test.
e) List of the candidates eligible for online test will be displayed on the website in third week of June 2013.
f) E - Hall tickets with online test date, time and venue will be sent to the candidates email id (provided during registration) within one week before the test date. No TA/DA will be paid to the students appearing for online test.
g) The structure of the test will be as follows:
20 General Science questions of 1 mark each
40 Biotechnology questions of 1 mark each
20 Biotech Difficult questions of 2 marks each
The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ's) only, with 4 choices for answer out of which only 1 will be the correct answer
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers
Total time for the test will be 90 minutes to attempt 80 questions.
The test will contain the questions from following branches of Biotechnology: "For sample questions please visit http://www.bcil.nic.in/files/BITPonlinetest-SampleQuestions.pdf
1. Industrial Biotechnology
4. rDNA technology
7. Plant Biotechnology
8. Animal Biotechnology
9. Cell and Molecular Biology
10. Agri-current technologies
12. Analytical Techniques
1. The candidates shortlisted through the online test will be called for interview in different cities.
The candidates may be called for interview in the city other than the city selected while filling application form.
2. The list of candidates shortlisted for interview would be published on the website on July 12, 2013 with details regarding venue, date and time. Individual intimation for interview would not be sent.
3. The interviews will be held from July 25th onwards.
4. Candidates appearing for the interview will be paid to and fro travelling expenses equivalent to 2nd class train fare by the shortest route, on production of tickets, IN ORIGINAL.
5. In case an outstation candidate appears for interview from a place other than as indicated in his/her original application, the reimbursement of fare would be limited to the place mentioned in application or place from where the candidate actually arrived, whichever is nearer.
6. Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging while appearing for the interview.
7. Students appearing for interview will have to bring:
i. Copy of dissertation/project work, if any
ii. Photo identification proof-Voter I-card, Driving licence, Passport, PAN card etc.
iii. Final consolidated marksheet and provisional certificate.
5. The tentative time of commencement of training is from October 2013.
6. Filling up this form does not guarantee training under BITP. The decision of the selection committee shall be final and binding. Training does not ensure permanent placement. Candidates interested in higher studies and research need not apply.
7. Students placed for training will have to make their own arrangements for lodging & boarding. The company may/may not provide boarding/lodging facility on chargeable basis or help in finding accommodation.
8. Candidates will be required to follow the rules and regulation of the trainer company. If the trainee leaves the training in between or is terminated, stipend would not be paid for the rest of the training period. Non serious candidates based on the feedback of company will be terminated without notice. If a trainee is terminated from a company due to unsatisfactory work or indiscipline or misconduct, the trainee would not be placed in any other company.
9. Students who have already undergone training under BITP or are employed will not be eligible.
For any queries, kindly contact on below given helpdesk number:
Phone Number: 022-42706505
Timings: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (Monday to Friday)
Further Info: http://bcil.nic.in/bitp2013/index.asp