JOB DESCRIPTION Lab Technicians, Foundation for Innovation New Diagnostics (FIND), India
1. POSITIONS VACANT: Lab Technicians (LT); (Thiruvanathapuram).
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), is a respected, not-for-profit foundation, recognized by the Swiss government as an “other international organization.”
Headquartered in Geneva and represented in India through a Liaison Office at Delhi, FIND facilitates the development and implementation of diagnostic tools for poverty-ridden diseases. The foundation is presently engaged in the development of new diagnostic techniques for TB, Malaria and Sleeping Sickness (HAT), across the world and specifically for MDR-TB, in India.
FIND has progressed diagnostic approaches that have been proven in principle and transformed them into effective products for identifying TB in partnership with academia, public and private research institutes and industry.
FIND recently received a grant from The Global Fund (TGF) Round 9 as a sub-recipient of the Central Tuberculosis Division (CTD), for strengthening selected laboratories engaged in the detection of MDR-TB in India, with Human Resources and their Payroll Management. A total of 43 laboratories spread over 26 States/ Union Territories are to be strengthened in a phased manner as per the schedule agreed with TGF and CTD, comprising 27 laboratories in Year 1, 12 laboratories in Year 2 and 4 laboratories in Year 3
For more information about FIND, please visit, http://www.finddiagnostics.org
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The LT will report administratively, on a day-to-day basis to the Director and Head of the concerned TB Lab and shall functionally be under the direct supervision of the TB Lab-in-Charge.
The LT will primarily assist the Lab- in-Charge in the implementation of WHO approved newer TB diagnostics, including diagnosis of drug resistance.
(1) Performance of LPA and LC tests on patient specimens at the lab, in a timely manner;
(2) Managing clinical and laboratory aspects of the lab and ensuring collection, recording and reporting of clean, quality, data;
(3) Acquiring expertise in approved newer diagnostics tests such as LPA, LC and RS;
(4) Implementing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for TB laboratories, including SOPs for specific aspects of LPA, LC and RS and specifications for equipment, infection control, etc, to ensure Good Laboratory Practices (GLP);
(5) Providing support to the Lab-in-Charge for all laboratory operations including regular MIS functioning, maintenance of all lab equipments, logistics of various lab consumables, etc.;
(6) Conducting day to day lab activities connected with the newer TB diagnostics, ensuring quality control;
(7) Assisting the lab in-charge in providing monthly / quarterly and annual reports in the prescribed formats;
(8) Urgently reporting all adverse events in laboratory functioning to the Lab in-Charge and FIND India Technical Team;
(9) Liaising and facilitating the FIND India Technical Team on all technical matters relating to laboratory functioning, in consultation with the Lab-in-Charge;
(10) Undertaking any other job assigned by state authorities and the FIND India technical team, as per project need.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicant must meet the following qualification requirements:
(1) Bachelor Degree in Science with a specialization in Microbiology/ Biotechnology or higher qualification; OR
(2) Diploma in Medical Lab Technology.
(1) Applicants with Diploma in Medical Lab Technology must possess a minimum of three years work experience in TB Culture and DST or Rapid TB diagnostics;
(2) Candidates with experience in Rapid TB diagnostics shall be given preference.
Skills and Attitude:
(1) Good oral and written communication skills;
(2) Strong team orientation;
(3) Ability to work independently, with minimum handholding and supervision;
(4) Energetic, resilient and passionate;
(5) Professional, mature and confident.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position on a cost to organization (CTO) basis is Rs.1.80 lacs per annum. Please note that gross compensation is fully taxable.
(Note: Candidates shall be working on the payroll of SAMS, a leading HR Agency for the health and development sectors in India).
6. NATURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The selected candidate shall be initially offered a one year consultancy contract, renewable annually, based on satisfactory performance.
7. LOCATION: Thiruvanathapuram
8. REFERENCE: LT-FIND
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.,
1/1B (Ground Floor), Choudhary Hetram House,
Bharat Nagar, New Friends Colony, New Delhi -110 025
Phone: 011+4165 3612; 26842162; 41011564, 41011565
10. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to courier or email their applications to the above address or email id. Applicants are urged to fill the ‘online’ application form provided at http://www.sams.co.in/forms/onlineapplicationfind.htm . Candidates who are unable to fill the ‘online’ form may alternately download the standard form available at http://sams.co.in/JAF-FIND-LabStaff.doc and mail it to the email id mentioned above, on completion.