Institute Post-doctoral Fellowship (IPF) Programme at IISER-TVM
About the Programme
- The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvanathapuram (IISER-TVM) invites applications from highly qualified young scientists holding Ph.D. in the areas of Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences/Engineering/Technology for the Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships commencing on 1st January 2016. Applications are invited only for the school of Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For applicants, applying in the School of Biology, applications are invited only in the following specific areas:
- Ecology, evolution and behavior:
- Genomic instability and DNA damage:
- Biochemistry and mammalian cell biology:
- Structural Molecular Biology:
- Stem cells and regenerative medicine:
- The Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship (IPF) is a full-time, contractual, postdoctoral position for highly qualified young scientists to carry out research at IISER-TVM. The duration is for 2 years, extendable by up to one more year on the basis of performance. The Fellowship does not imply any commitment regarding any other position at IISER-TVM.
- The Fellowship carries a remuneration of INR 40,000/- per month for the first two years and INR 45,000/- per month in the third year, with no other allowances. There will be a contingency grant of INR 75,000/- per year that may be used for consumables and attending conferences/workshops. Candidates who have submitted their thesis and have not defended at the time of joining will be provided the Extended Senior Research Fellowship for one year
- IPF may not be held concurrently with any other national or international fellowships. It is also not transferable to any other fellowship.
Candidates who have a Ph.D. degree in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences/Engineering/Technology and related areas as applicable are eligible to apply. Those who are in the final stages of their Ph.D. thesis submission are also eligible to apply. However, those candidates must have submitted the thesis at the time of the interview.
- The application must be submitted online through the online portal exclusively made available in our official website www.iisertvm.ac.in on or before [18th October 2015, 5:00 PM (IST)].
- Candidates would be required to submit electronic copies of the following documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) while applying online:
- Curriculum Vitae containing personal bio-data, degrees earned with dates (including PhD), list of publications, name and contact details of at least 2 referees.
- A scanned copy of the PhD degree (Provisional/Final) if the degree has been awarded.
- Research Proposal (maximum 1,500 words) which should include specific aims and a brief summary of work plans, details of the facilities at IISER-TVM to be utilized, and research groups/laboratories that the candidate would like to collaborate with.
- Best publications (maximum 3). For candidates applying to the School of Biology, at least one of these must be a first author publication in a peer reviewed journal.
- Synopsis of the Ph.D. work.