North-Eastern Hill University
Umshing, Shillong- 793 022
Applications are invited for the following positions (purely temporary posts) in an UGC-ISF funded Indo-Israel Joint Research Project entitled “Interactions of mRNA export factors and nuclear pores characterized and quantified by biochemistry, biophysics and high-resolution imaging” sanctioned to Dr. Timir Tripathi, Molecular and Structural Biophysics Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, NEHU, Shillong for 3 years (2016-19).
Details of positions:
1. Research Associate (two): bioinformatics/computational biology (One) and wet-lab biophysics (one).
2. Junior Research Fellow, JRF (One).
3. Project Assistant (One).
Fellowship: As per GOI rules.
1. Research Associate: Ph.D. in the above-mentioned fields, should be evident through quality publications. Those who have submitted Ph.D. thesis can also apply.
2. Junior Research Fellow: M.Sc. or equivalent in any branch of life sciences with a good academic record. Prior research experience is desirable.
3. Project Assistant: Graduation in any subject.
Must be familiar with working on computer and MS-Office.
Interested students can apply for the positions online using the following link http://goo.gl/forms/FEa802lNGc , latest by 16.03.16. The hard copy of the application is not required. The date of interview will be informed after primary scrutiny of the applications.
No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview. For any other enquiry email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For details of the research work of the PI’s group please visit www.ttripathi.webs.com
Timir Tripathi (PI, UGC-ISF project)