Workshop on Biostatistics and Research methodology
22-24 April 2016
Ciencia cordially invite you to attend the workshop on “Biostatistics and Research methodology” during 22 to 24 April 2016 at Ciencia Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, Telangana, India. This workshop intended to impart knowledge for researchers regarding various concepts about Biostatistics and Research Methodology. It helps researchers from the basic concepts of data collection to more advanced topics like hypothesis testing. This workshop also provides a solid platform for students planning their research projects with an appropriate methodology and suitable statistics.
CIENCIA (P.) Ltd,
Plot No 59-60, Flat No. 102, Ganapathi Nilayam,
Sardarpatel Nagar, Nizampet X Roads,
Kukatpally, Hyderabad, India.
Objectives of our work shop:
• To know different methods of research design
• To understand about the measurement of research outcomes
• To understand the suitable applications of statistics to evaluate the results
• To provide individual solution to researcher
Who should attend?
UG/ PG/ Ph.D students, faculty, scientists in the field of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and related subject areas. Industry professionals who are involved in research and development or interested in acquiring themselves with research can also registered.
What will you learn?
Statistics and its applications
Descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, range, percentiles, and quartiles)
Probability distributions (what is distribution, parameters and PDFs of distribution and types – Binomial, Factorials, Poisson, Normal)
Dispersion (Mean deviation, Standard deviation, Variance, standard error of means)
Correlation and Regression (Pearson’s r, Spearman R, Linear Regression)
Parametric statistics involving hypothesis testing (hypothesis formulation, null/alternate hypothesis, confidence intervals, z-test, t-test, chisquare, Linear Regression, Correlation, one-way ANOVA)
How to use MS Excel for analyzing all the data? (Data representation and visualization techniques like histograms, scatter p l ot s, box-plots, bar-chart
• Over viewof research • Literature survey • Study plan: choosing study subjects, specification, sampling, recruitment. • Estimate sample size: What to do when sample size is fixed, Hypotheses, Underlying statistical principles, Strategies for minimizing sample size and maximizing power, How to estimate sample size when there is insufficient information, common errors to avoid. • Methodology of research (Designing an observational study: cohort studies, Cross-sectional and Case-control studies) • Designing an experiment, Clinical trials: Selecting the participants, Measuring Baseline variables, Randomizing, Follow-up and adherence to the protocol, measuring the outcomes, analyzing the results, monitoring the clinical trials, alternatives to the randomized blinded trials. • Ethical issues: Ethical principles, regulations for research on human subjects, Responsibilities of investigators, Other Ethical issues.• Preparation of research proposal