Advertisement No. Acad/05/2016
NATIONAL BRAIN RESEARCH CENTRE (NBRC), Manesar-122051, Gurgaon, invites applications for one post of Research Associate (Project) under Department of Biotechnology (DBT) funded Unit of Excellence (UOE) in Cancer Biology Project. Interested candidates fulfilling the following requirement can submit duly filled in application as per attached format and bio-data alongwith self- attested copies of certificates in support of their qualifications and experience latest by 28th March, 2016 to the Registrar, National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar - 122 051, Distt- Gurgaon (Haryana).
Title of Project: Inflammation regulated metabolic reprogramming: Implications in tumor progression.
Essential qualification • Ph.D. in any branch of Science with expertise in bioinformatics as evidenced through high quality publications in the area.
Documented proof of expertise is an essential criterion.
Experience in Systems Biology and Regulatory Network Analysis is desirable and will be considered an added advantage.
• Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis are also eligible to apply
• The focus of the project will be to unravel the link between inflammation and metabolism in cancer biology.
Ideal candidate will be a bioinformatics person who can apply informatics tools to understand metabolic changes occurring during inflammation in a tumor microenvironment.
A Statement of Purpose (SoP) should accompany the application, without which the application will not be considered. The SOP is a critical document that must state clearly and specifically the relationship between the applicant's interests and the research objectives of the lab.
Fellowship: • 50,000/- per month (consolidated) No other benefits allowed. Age Limit • Below 35 years as on last date of application Project Investigator:
• Dr. Ellora Sen, Scientist V For any queries related to the post, candidates may contact through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The tenure will be for a period of one year initially, extendable on performance review. The post is co-terminus with the project. Selected candidates should abide by the rules and regulations of NBRC
• On campus accommodation may be provided as per rules of NBRC, subject to availability. Please Note: No TA / DA will be provided for the interview. Only candidates who are shortlisted by the screening committee will be informed and invited for interview at NBRC.