INDO-US TB PROJECT
Department of Preventive and Social Medicine
JIPMER, Puducherry –605006
No. JIP/PSM/Indo- US TB /2016/433
Applications are invited for the following posts for the project titled “Impact of Pregnancy on Tuberculosis” funded by U.S National Institutes of Health (NIH) by the Department of Preventive & Social Medicine, JIPMER, Puducherry.
1 Scientist B (Project Co-ordinator) 1 67095
2 Technical officer (A) 1 30033
3 Senior Technical Assistant 1 29607
4 Medical Social Worker 2 29607
5 Technical Assistant 1 23220
6 Junior Nurse 2 19212
7 Senior Lab Assistant 1 17040
9 Lower Division Clerk 1 15123
10 Driver 1 15123
Details of the posts are given in Annexure 1. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview in the Dept. of Preventive and Social Medicine, IV Floor, Administrative Block, JIPMER, Puducherry at a date that will be communicated to the candidates. There will be no walk-in-interviews for these posts. Interested candidates may submit their applications (Annexure 2) and bio-data (with email id and mobile number) by post on or before 03.08 .2016.
1. Duration of the post: for a period of 1 year
2. Upper age limit 28 years but may be relaxed as per Government of India rules Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, JIPMER, Puducherry –605006
3. Qualification, age, experience, other terms and conditions may be relaxed/ altered at the discretion of the Project Investigator
4. Strict discipline, commitment, regular reporting to the hierarchy is very important
5. The posts are purely on contract basis for an external sponsored project, and no claim for any other post in JIPMER shall be entertained.
6. Valid email id and mobile number is compulsory.
7. Decision of the Principal Investigator will be final.
8. No TA/ DA will be paid for the interview
9. The appointee may be relieved from the current job position, with one month prior notice, failing to do so may be held responsible for paying one month salary.
10. Only separate applications for each post will be considered
11. There will be screening test to shortlist the candidates. The shortlisted candidates will appear for the personnel interview on the same day. The applications should be sent to the below mentioned address and the envelope should be superscribed clearly for the post applied, The Principal Investigator, Room No.105, Research Room, Administrative Block (Ground Floor) JIPMER, Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu, Puducherry 605 006
Scientist B (Project coordinator) 67095 1
Essential Qualifications MD/M.V.Sc., in Microbiology/Ph.D in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biotechnology Desirable: Experience in Tuberculosis Clinical Research Experience: Three years research experience in the relevant subject after obtaining essential qualification with working knowledge on Mycobacteriology, Molecular techniques, PBMC processing and cryopreservation, ELISA etc., Knowledge on IATA regulations.
1. Assist the PI to interface with project team members including: coordination of field and laboratory activities, Data Management, Regulatory Management.
2. Oversee the adequacy of planning for study implementation 2. Prepare or assist with preparation of key documents e.g regulatory submission documents, internal or external presentations, etc.
3. Procurement of equipments and essentials (clinical supplies, laboratory supplies and field supplies) of the project.
4. Clinical study report preparation as and when required
5. Establishment of project budgets and submission of documents as and when required including financial audits 6.Efficient Human resource management and Lead team meetings as required 7. Overall project management of sending weekly reports, spread sheet maintenance of study activities and attending overseas call as and when required. PI: Principal Investigator
2 Technical officer(A) 30033 1
Essential Qualifications B.Sc., /M.Sc., (Biostatistics)/ MCA Desirable: Experience in clinical data management and handling data in FTP server Experience: Five years of working experience 1.Data scanning and uploading 2.Spread sheet maintenance of data 3. Data proof and quality checking 4. Data extraction and handling FTP in database 5.Data query management and tracking log 6.Assisting Research officer in updating study visits and weekly progress reports 7.Attending Data overseas call 8.organizing project meeting 9. Performing all activities assigned by PI
Senior Technical Assistant 29607 1 Essential Qualifications M.Sc., Microbiology/Biochemistry/Medical Lab Technology Desirable: Working knowledge on Mycobacteriology Experience: Three years experience in Molecular techniques, RNA processing, PBMC processing and cryopreservation and revival of cells and ELISA techniques. Knowledge of IATA regulations. Coordinate with Project co-ordinator in the clinical and laboratory activities of the project 1.Blood: a) Separation of PBMCs from whole blood as per the instructions b) Preparation of RNA from the blood from the PAXgene tubes as per the instructions c) Storage of whole blood, RNA and PBMCs in the deep freezers d) Serum separation and preservation 2. Process sputum samples using the GenXpert and record the findings. 3.Attending overseas conference call regarding the laboratory updates 4.Reporting the lab activities to Project co-ordinator