Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of PROGRAM SCIENTIST/ RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (IPR AND TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT) at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Reports to Head of the Office of Technology Ventures (OTV) and works closely with RGCB's researchers, students, patent lawyers, potential academic & industry collaborators and government agencies. This position is a part of the Institute's continuing research & development programs.
The primary goal of this position is to interact with researchers/key stakeholders, identify, evaluate and implement new/developing technologies to support OTV's intellectual property (IP) development and business development/commercialization strategies.
This position requires the ability to thoroughly understand complex biological and medical technologies. Candidates should be adept at recognizing new technology opportunities or unmet medical or biotechnology needs, managing multiple tasks/responsibilities and assisting senior management of RGCB in developing and implementing solutions to advance medical/life-science technologies through commercialization paths. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, proactive attitude, service orientation and the ability to interact with a variety of people of diverse backgrounds. Requires strong time management skills, sensitivity to project deadline requirements and the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks/projects.
A prospective recruit will be a candidate who primarily:
- Locates new technologies and business opportunities; evaluates viability
- Works proactively within departments to locate and develop commercially valuable technologies
- Identify potential valuable research that may provide business opportunities and build relationships with key constituents at RGCB.
- Assist organizing and managing brainstorming sessions with researchers on scientific topics of research.
- Educate Staff
Under the guidance of the Head of OTV; develop and present formal presentations within RGCB, educating internal staff on OTV's capabilities.
- Accountable to organize work to maximize effectiveness
- Independently takes action in prioritizing workload to establish timelines to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provides timely and accurate input of data into new opportunity tracking reports.
In addition, the recruit will be expected to:
- Continuously improve processes and services that support education and research.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions and participates in activities that improve systems processes.
- Treats others with dignity/respect and contributes to the enhancement of best practices at the work place.
- Foster teamwork, personal responsibility, integrity, innovation, trust and communication.
- Should be a "team-player" who works well with others.
- Accepts feedback and uses it to improve performance.
- Completes assignments on time and contributes extra effort to meet the project needs of the office.
- Adhere to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Understands the necessity for maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive oral, paper-based and electronic information and restricts the flow of such information to only those who have a legitimate "need to know"
- Conducts discussion of confidential information in appropriate settings to avoid unintentional disclosure.
- PhD in Life Sciences (for Program Scientist) with a minimum three-year documented experience in IPR management in areas related to biological sciences Or A Masters Degree in Life Sciences (for Technology Associate) with a minimum two-year documented experience in IPR management in areas related to biological sciences
- Ability to conduct prior-art search of literature, patent databases and other databases.
- Very good computer knowledge/skills, especially in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook).
A Business degree and/or Law degree (MBA and/or LLB) in addition to the required qualification in Life Sciences will be preferred but not essential.
As per RGCB rules for Program Scientists and Technology Associates.
Project Position (initially for 1 year and extendable after performance evaluation).
The applicant should be below the age of 35 years as on 30thNovember 2016.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview.
MODE OF SELECTION
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format (Download here) with a photograph, a copy of full resume and attested photocopies of credentials & experience to reach the undersigned on or before 30th November, 2016. Envelopes must be superscripted with advertisement number and job title. Application can also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise. Applications are to be sent to: Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695 014, India.
The last date for receiving applications is 30th November ,2016.
Don't forget to mention helpBIOTECH when applying.