Subjects – TIFR PhD/Int PhD Programs
- Physics (Ph.d. and Integrated Ph.D. Programs) wDepartment of Astronomy & Astrophysics
wDepartment of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science
wDepartment of High Energy Physics
wDepartment of Nuclear & Atomic Physics
wDepartment of Theoretical Physics
All above at TIFR, Mumbai Campus - http://www.tifr.res.in/~sbp wNational Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune - http://ncra.tifr.res.in
wTIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad - (http://www.tifrh.res.in) - only Ph.D. program.
Internation Centre for Theoretical Sciences (http://www.icts.res.in ) - only Ph.D. program in theoretical sciences.
Students applying for Physics also have the option to be considered for
India-based Nueutrino Observatory (INO). For more details on INO please see http://www.ino.tifr.res.in The option can be indicated at the time of registration of application.
- Biology (Ph.D., Integrated Ph.D. and M.Sc. Programs) wDepartment of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai - http://www.tifr.res.in/~dbs
wNational Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru (http://www.ncbs.res.in) only Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.d. programs.
wTIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad (http://www.tifrh.res.in) - only Ph.D. program.
FAQ for Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. Programs in Biology
- Computer & Systems Sciences (Ph.D. Program) including Communcations and Math. Finance wSchool of Technology & Computer Science (STCS), TIFR, Mumbai - http://www.tcs.tifr.res.in
- Science Education (Ph.D. Program)
wHomi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai. For admission procedure, see http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in
Integrated Ph.D. Program : 6 Years
M.Sc. Program : 3 Years
- Mathematics:For Ph.D. (Mumbai): M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Tech./M.A./ B.A./B.Sc.For Ph.D. (Bengaluru): M.A./M.Sc.For I-Ph.D. (Bengaluru): B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. degree holders.Students who wish to apply for the Ph.D. programme at CAM, Bengaluru will have to select Ph.D. Mumbai in the application form. Further, in the application, they can indicate their preference for being considered for Ph.D. programme Bengaluru.Students applying for Ph.D. Mumbai and who are eligible for Integrated Ph.D. programme at Bangalore can indicate their preference in the application form for being considered for Int. Ph.D. Bengaluru.Similarly students applying for Int. Ph.D. Bangalore and who wish to be considered for Ph.D. Mumbai can indicate their preference in the application form.
- Physics:For Ph.D.: M.Sc.(Physics)/B.Tech. (Engineering Physics)For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B.E./M.E./M.Tech./B.Tech./B.Chem. or equivalent, M.Sc./B.Tech., (not in Physics / Engingeering Physics).For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology; B.Tech. (Engg. Physics).For Ph.D. Program in ICTS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics; B.Tech. (Engg. Physics).
- Chemistry:For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Tech./B.Pharm./M.Pharm. B.Sc. candidates with advanced knowledge of the discipline are also eligible to apply.For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology.
- Biology:For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 year course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma. Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific write-up.For Integrated Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science.For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology.
- Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Math. Finance):For Ph.D. : B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./MCA/ M.Sc. degree holders in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering.Exceptionally well qualified students with B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent degrees in other disciplines may also be considered.
Examination Centres for TIFR PhD/Int PhD Programs GS-2013
Bangalore, University of Agricultural Sciences
Bhubaneshwar, Utkal University
Chandigarh, Panjab University
Chennai, Indian Institute of Technology
Cochin, Cochin Univ. of Science & Technology
Delhi, Miranda House / S.G.T.B. Khalsa College (Delhi University)
Guwahati, Indian Institute of Technology
Haldwani, Motiram Baburam Govt. P.G. College
Hyderabad, Hyderabad University
Indore, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
Jaipur, India International School
Jammu, Jammu University
Kanpur, Indian Institute of Technology
Kolkata, St. Xavier's College / Jadavpur University
Madurai, The Madura College
Mangalore, University College, Mangalore University
Mumbai, Kendriya Vidayalaya No. 1, Colaba
Nagpur, Shri Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Eng. Coll.
Patna, Radiant International School
Pune, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA)
Srinagar, Kashmir University
Varanasi, Banaras Hindu University
Visakhapatnam, GITAM University
TIFR Website for GS-2013: http://univ.tifr.res.in/gs2013/