Application of Biotechnology and Statistical Tools in Aquaculture Genetics Research
2-7 December 2013
Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
(Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
75,Santhome High Road, R.A. Puram
Chennai- 600 028
The broad areas covered would include:
· Phylogenetic analysis using sequence data in Arlequin using aquaculture data
· PCR for amplification and Real Time PCR for quantitation of gene transcripts
· Linear models, selection in aquaculture species
· Introduction to SAS and hands-on training on analysis of aquaculture breeding data,
· Introduction to SPSS and analysis of multivariate morphometric data of aquaculture species
· Survival data analysis in GraphPad Prism software
· Physical tagging of shrimp for family identification.
The official language of this programme would be English. Scientists/Asst. Professors involved in aquaculture/ animal genetics & biotechnology are encouraged to apply.
The total number of participants will be restricted to 10. Candidates will be selected based on their work experience and areas of expertise. Selected candidates will be intimated through email.
The expenditure on travel TA, DA etc has to be borne by the sponsoring agency/candidate.
Boarding and Lodging
Limited accommodation available on first come-first serve basis.
How to apply:
The application form given overleaf must be accompanied by a course fee of Rs. 8300/- per candidate in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “ICAR UNIT, CIBA,” payable at State Bank of India, Santhome branch, Chennai. Employed candidates should apply through proper channel. Selected candidates will be informed in advance so as to enable them to report for the training on 1st December 2013
The last date for receiving applications is 20.11.2013
Participants are advised to bring their own laptops for ease in data analyses.